We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pisa Airport to Florence

Which Pisa hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
ireland
Level Contributor
345 posts
61 reviews
Save Topic
Pisa Airport to Florence

We fly to Pisa with Ryanair in July, and are due to land at 23.50, and we travel to Florence that night. I am slightly apprehensive that our flight will be delayed and we will miss the last terravision bus to Florence. Are taxi’s readily available that time of night from the airport and can anybody give a costing estimate. Are there any alternative ways to travel ? unfortunately it is not practical for us to stay in Pisa that night. Many thanks for any advise.

Chorley, United...
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
18,415 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pisa Airport to Florence

I believe the last train from Pisa airport station to Florence is around 10 p.m. and the last one to Florence from Pisa Centrale is around 11.30 p.m.

I have hired a Mercedes taxi to drive from Pisa the 52 miles to Florence in a fit of madness but it would be cheaper to spend the night in a Hotel in Pisa I suspect. However you say that is not an option so you will simply have to grit your teeth and pay up.

united kingdom
Level Contributor
187 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pisa Airport to Florence

As the previous post states you will need to stay the night. Try hotel Terminus & Plaza very near the airport taxi cost won't be alot. Its on Via Colombo 45-56125 Pisa. Tel 050 500 303 Fax 050 500.553

e-mail: info@hotelterminusplaza.it. www.hotelterminusplaza.it. Very nice hotel off a side street right near Pisa Centrale station. The breakfast has much to offer the next morning. I don't think you will be allowed to hang around the airport all night. Taxi fare around 12Euro

ireland
Level Contributor
345 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pisa Airport to Florence

Thank you both for your replies, one of the reasons we needed to get to Florence the night we arrive is because we have a reservation at 9 a.m at the Uffizi, if this reservation can be changed to later in the day , then we can stay in Pisa that night. Maybe someone can recommend a good central hotel, close to the train station and any must see sights in Pisa ( any suggestions welcome ) , after all if we’re going to stay the night we might as well make the most of it and at least visit the Tower ! Also are reservations necessary to visit the Tower, I expect we would have approx 4 hours sight seeing. Many thanks again.

4. Re: Pisa Airport to Florence

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2009, 05:25