We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tower before I head to Florence...What do to with Luggage?

Bergen County, New...
Level Contributor
28 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Tower before I head to Florence...What do to with Luggage?

We arrive into Pisa on a Saturday at 12:15. We won't have time on the back end of our trip to go to the Leaning Tower and Duomo. Any suggestions on what to do with my luggage when I arrive and before I take the train to Florence? Does the airport or train station have a place to put luggage?

Norwich, Norfolk, Uk
Destination Expert
for Tuscany
Level Contributor
8,633 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tower before I head to Florence...What do to with Luggage?

You can leave luggage at Pisa centrale station.

GB
Level Contributor
151 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tower before I head to Florence...What do to with Luggage?

Yes - left luggage is just down the platform from the exit/ticket hall at Pisa Centrale railway station. Price and opening hours on a notice on the door. Very simple and convenient. You can book your onward train journey while you're there at one of the ticket machines.

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
2,751 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tower before I head to Florence...What do to with Luggage?

How far is the tower from the train station?

ireland
Level Contributor
356 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tower before I head to Florence...What do to with Luggage?

It was 5 mins in a taxi and about €12. I believe it is about a 20 minute walk but have not done it myself so cannot be certain.

Dundee, United...
Level Contributor
166 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tower before I head to Florence...What do to with Luggage?

It took us about 20 minutes - felt longer in the heat! You can get a bus to the tower from the station (No.4) and the bus stops are just outside the entrance to the train station. You can get the same bus back from the tower to the station again.

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
2,751 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tower before I head to Florence...What do to with Luggage?

Thank you both for your responses.

Bergen County, New...
Level Contributor
28 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tower before I head to Florence...What do to with Luggage?

Wonderful...this sounds very easy to check the bags for a couple of hours and take the no. 4 bus to the tower...thank you for responding

8. Re: Tower before I head to Florence...What do to with Luggage?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2009, 03:16