We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

leaning tower...

Which Pisa hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
427 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
leaning tower...

Just booked tickets for April and the confirmation email says that restoration works are being carried out...

Could some shed light on this????

north carolina
Level Contributor
6,420 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: leaning tower...

See http://torre.duomo.pisa.it/

London, United...
Level Contributor
427 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: leaning tower...

hi, thanks for the link but I can't see/find any info on there about current restoration...

north carolina
Level Contributor
6,420 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: leaning tower...

cicamica,

You are right, but their statement of opening hours does not show anything about any restrictions in your time period. I would assume that this just refers to ongoing maintenance. I also looked at several other web sites related to the tower and there is no mention of any current restrictions on access.

If you are concerned you might try calling Pisa Tourist Attractions: Battistero (Baptistery) - Piazza del Duomo, Pisa, Italy

Tel: +39 (0)50 560 547

London, United...
Level Contributor
427 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: leaning tower...

thanks. i just hope that there's no scaffolding around it cause that would really spoil our trip and that very special photo!!!

north carolina
Level Contributor
6,420 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: leaning tower...

Of course all the major reconstruction was finished in 2001, or 2002. I was there a year ago and there was no sign of any work being done anywhere. I certainly expect you should be fine. Why not e-mail the site I mentioned before and ask them, you certainly have plenty of time to get an answer.

Savannah, GA
Level Contributor
1,829 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: leaning tower...

You can sometimes log onto a webcam that will show you in real time what's going on at the Tower Complex. Or go to Google Earth and see what's up.

London, United...
Level Contributor
427 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: leaning tower...

Thanks savannah,

What a great idea!

webcam-orologio.comune.pisa.it/diretta.php choose Torre Pendente or Monumenti della Piazza dei Miracoli.

Looks ok on the webcam from this side...hope the other side facing the square is just as good.

Australia
Level Contributor
2,364 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: leaning tower...

Hi

I too have been trying to find information about whether the tower is open on a Sunday, but the link does not seem to be opening.

columbia, SC
Level Contributor
50 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: leaning tower...

was there on Saturday. There is some scaffolding, but not a lot. It appeared to be mostly confined to the lower floors. It won't affect your climb

London, United...
Level Contributor
427 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: leaning tower...

oh no!!!! I'm so desperate to get that postcard perfect photo of the tower!!!!!