We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Most CONVINIENT way to go from Florence to Pisa Day Trip

hong kong
Level Contributor
9 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Most CONVINIENT way to go from Florence to Pisa Day Trip

info would be very much appreciated.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
87,621 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Most CONVINIENT way to go from Florence to Pisa Day Trip

Train. Times and costs at www.trenitalia.com

Seal Beach...
Level Contributor
2,505 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Most CONVINIENT way to go from Florence to Pisa Day Trip

Train takes about one hour 15 mins and costs about 5 euro one way. They run a few each hour. Buy ticket at the train station - use the yellow kiosks where you can choose instructions in your preferred language - pay cash or credit.

Alternative is the bus - takes about the same amount of time and costs about the same. No real advantage in my opinion but you could do this too.

IF you are going to see the leaning tower, be aware it is a bit of a walk from the Pisa train station. There is a frequent bus you can take from the station, or a quick taxi or just walk maybe 20 mins. Ask anyone - they'll direct you.

Ciao! LL

hong kong
Level Contributor
9 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Most CONVINIENT way to go from Florence to Pisa Day Trip

Many Thnaks for the input guys ;)

If I am taking the bus, would the drop off point be closer to the leaning tower than the train would?

Suffolk
Destination Expert
for Lucca
Level Contributor
424 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Most CONVINIENT way to go from Florence to Pisa Day Trip

For the leaning tower etc the train station is Pisa San Rossore. By the time you catch the bus from central station theres not a lot in it. You can probably add to the ticket cost the extra stop for nothing. You will need to catch the trains bound for Lucca. (you can take the train from Florence via Lucca but its usually slower than Florence/Pisa> then on to San Rossore. The tower is a short walk from the San Rossore station. Personally I would consider going 1 way via Lucca, of course I am biased but the tower/square apart there is little to see in Pisa, although thats a must see it would be a shame to miss out on Lucca, early morning in Pisa followed by lunch and stroll around Lucca would be an ideal way to spend the day.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
482 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Most CONVINIENT way to go from Florence to Pisa Day Trip

Excellent Advice SuffolkLucchese

I would second that .

Regards

6. Re: Most CONVINIENT way to go from Florence to Pisa Day Trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2009, 09:26