We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pisa Hotel

new york
Level Contributor
13 posts
Save Topic
Pisa Hotel

Looking for reasonably prices hotel for four nights in Pisa with easy access to train station and to the sights of the city. We will not have a car and are planning day trips to Lucca and Florence. All the budget places I have checked out so far sound dreadful! Any suggestions

Gourock, United...
Level Contributor
374 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pisa Hotel

I travelled to Lucca from Pisa centrale station a few weeks ago. I went on a Sunday and the trains were one every hour at 2.40 euros each way.They are more regular on week days. It was only about four stops away and took about 25 minutes. People at the station were very helpful telling you which platform to use etc. Remember to validate your ticket at the machine on the platform.

Have you tried a bed and breakfast instead of a hotel?. They are a little cheaper and if you're not going in the warmer months you might not need air-conditioning.I stayed 2 nights in Pisa but looking back I wished I had been able to stay one of those nights in Lucca as it was so beautiful and such a shame to rush back....Maybe you could consider that option too.

Have a nice trip whatever you decide

Nicola

new york
Level Contributor
13 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Pisa Hotel

Where did you stay in Pisa? Would you recommend it?

Gourock, United...
Level Contributor
374 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pisa Hotel

I stayed at the Hotel Bologna. I was a solo traveller and my room was fine. Some reviews say that the rooms were small but mine was fine and had a little balcony to sit out on with the added bonus of air-conditioning. Its only about 15 to 20 minutes walk to the tower and about 10 - 15 minutes to the station. Pisa is quite a small place but if you get a good map you will be fine. I wanted to stay somewhere hassle-free with good acces to train,airport etc. and thats why I picked this hotel plus it was the cheapest one at the start of June when I went. They do a nice breakfast too... Read my review if you like.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
42 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pisa Hotel

We stayed at the Hotel Terminus Plaza, just a 5 minute walk from the station. The rooms are fine and there is a great breakfast included every morning. Don't be put off by the outside - as we discovered on our recent trip to Europe, you don't judge a hotel by its exterior.

Sandefjord, Norway
Level Contributor
723 posts
375 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pisa Hotel

Have stayed at Bologna, mentioned above, and also at Hotel Leonardo in the old town. Both have convenient location to sights and not to far from train station. Rooms are not VERY big, but will do for a couple of nights.

6. Re: Pisa Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 January 2010, 05:16