We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving out of Pisa airport

Which Pisa hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
York
Level Contributor
44 posts
282 reviews
Save Topic
Driving out of Pisa airport

We are hiring a car with Hertz from Pisa airport and after reading the numerous postings about the dreaded ZTL, I was wondering if anyone knows which directions to take from the airport to Cavriglia without falling foul of a fine ?

Rome
Level Contributor
120 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Driving out of Pisa airport

Dear WitchyYork, no need to worry. The ZTL only applies to the downtown part of the city. When exiting the airport car rental parking, just follow the signs to "Firenze" (Florence) or "Fi-Pi-Li" (which is the acronym for the toll-free highway connecting FIrenze with PIsa and LIvorno). You don't have to drive through the city centre to get to Cavriglia (which is close to Arezzo, if I am not wrong). Of course, unless you maybe wish to have a look at the tower. I am told it is quite a sight.

Bye.

York
Level Contributor
44 posts
282 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Driving out of Pisa airport

Thank you, that's put my mind at rest.

Yes Cavriglia is near Arezzo.

We are coming back to see the tower etc. another day as we fly in mid afternoon. Have been advised there is a good free car park 10 mins from the tower.

3. Re: Driving out of Pisa airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 January 2010, 13:17