We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pisa / Lucca -Day Trip from Florence-is this possible?

Which Pisa hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Georgia
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Topic
Pisa / Lucca -Day Trip from Florence-is this possible?

We will be in Florence - is it possible to do a day trip to Pisa and Lucca? Or is that not enough time. Everyone says Lucca is beautiful and I am trying to nail down my itinerary. Thanks for any input.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
49,410 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pisa / Lucca -Day Trip from Florence-is this possible?

You can go to Pisa and Lucca as a day trip as the two cities are served by the same train line and you can also opt for a bus. Many will tell you though that 1/2 day at Lucca is not enough.

To plan your trip properly, remember to pre-book your Leaning Tower climb visit. You can book the ticket online as long as you are reserving at least 16 days in advance. If you don't book, you might not get a ticket at the door, or at the very best, you'd have to wait a few hours for your time slot. You will also need to bring an ID to pick up your ticket.

boxoffice.opapisa.it/Torre/info_shop.jsp

2. Re: Pisa / Lucca -Day Trip from Florence-is this possible?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 January 2010, 19:09
Umbria, Italy
Destination Expert
for Sunshine Coast, Umbria
Level Contributor
4,515 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pisa / Lucca -Day Trip from Florence-is this possible?

I think once you get to lucca after the massive tourist overload of florence you will have wished you had booked there and visited Florence instead of the other way around.

Maybe i cannot stand the crowds but it is the only way i can do both.

Georgia
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Pisa / Lucca -Day Trip from Florence-is this possible?

Thank you for the information. I don't think we want to miss Lucca, but with only so much time we can only see so many places.

Carrara, Italy
Level Contributor
226 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pisa / Lucca -Day Trip from Florence-is this possible?

Hi!!!!

I think you could only consider a couple of hours in Pisa to visit the Leaning tower, then just concentrate the rest of the day on Lucca!!!! Much nicer!!!!

Next time you could plan a night in lucca or along the coast, there are plenty of things to do in this area!!!!

Ciao!

6. Re: Pisa / Lucca -Day Trip from Florence-is this possible?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 July 2010, 05:18