We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pisa Airport to Leaning Tower

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
15 posts
75 reviews
Save Topic
Pisa Airport to Leaning Tower

All,

I am arriving midweek at 14:00 into Pisa Airport and staying in Florence the same night. I would like to visit the Leaning tower prior to heading to Florence and would like to get to Florence in daylight hours.

So far my research has led me to believe I can do the following:

1) Train from Airport to Pisa Centrale Station (10 minutes)

2) Walk from Pisa Centrale Station to Leaning Tower (20 minutes)

3) Walk from Pisa Leaning Tower to Pisa Centrale Station (20 minutes)

4) Train from Pisa Leaning Tower to Florence. (approx 1hr)

My question is - do the trains between Pisa Airport and Pisa Centrale Station run regularly? I can only find a list of 5 times per day on the airport, none of which fit into my timings:

www.pisa-airport.com/index.php…

Any help would be greatful,

Thanks

Kiwi_Tripping

Likely To Sell Out
Tuscany in One Day Sightseeing Tour
6,733 reviews
from US$113.70*
Pisa, Siena and San Gimignano Day...
301 reviews
from US$101.00*
Pisa Half-Day with Skip-the-Line...
658 reviews
from US$82.10*
7-Day Taste of Europe Tour from...
34 reviews
from US$689.60*
United States
Level Contributor
9,784 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pisa Airport to Leaning Tower

The trains from Pisa Aeroporto to Centrale run twice an hour at :05 and:35. When you type in the to and from, you also choose the time you want. The site will default to whatever time it is when you place your search request. You can also use the all solutions, next, or previous buttons to move the displayed time around. They will only show 5 solutions at a time.

There are also local buses that you can take to/from the tower from Pisa Centrale and there is a train station closer to the Campo at Pisa S. Rossore which you can take from Centrale.

TAB

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
15 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pisa Airport to Leaning Tower

Perfect - Thanks TAB

Volterra, Italy
Level Contributor
1,025 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pisa Airport to Leaning Tower

Hi Kiwi_Tripping,

Just love your avatar!!

Enjoy Tuscany!

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
15 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pisa Airport to Leaning Tower

Hi again,

Does anyone know the url for the local bus company in PIsa?

Is it www.vaibus.it ??

I'm now thinking it more logical to see if we can get a bus direct from the Airport to the tower???

Please let me know,

Cheers!!

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
15 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pisa Airport to Leaning Tower

Thanks!!

United States
Level Contributor
9,784 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pisa Airport to Leaning Tower

The Vai bus link is correct. You will need the Extra-urbane link (note the schedule change on 15 March). The route is Q03, you will need to scroll down a bit. I *think* that the stop you will need is the marked Pisa P.TA A Lucca but tell the driver where you want to get off (Torre Pendente).

TAB

McKees Rocks, PA
Level Contributor
461 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Pisa Airport to Leaning Tower

Unless you are elderly or have a physical disability, there really is no reason for a bus in Pisa from Centrale to the tower. . It is a brisk walk but a beautiful one. But I see you already have walking as an option. I would walk.

As an alternate check that your train stops at Pisa San Rosssore. This is a station just a few blocks from the tower.

Edited: 07 March 2010, 20:04
Upper Maremma...
Level Contributor
770 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Pisa Airport to Leaning Tower

If you check the FAQs for the Pisa forum, you will find all the answers to your questions.

9. Re: Pisa Airport to Leaning Tower

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 September 2010, 06:18