We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ticket availability

Dublin, Ireland
2 posts
Save Topic
Ticket availability

Hi, I'll be flying into in Pisa on 14th Sep and would like to climb leaning tower before catching train onto Florence. I've missed the chance to book a ticket in advance and was wondering if anybody knew how long the wait would be?

Thanks

Tom

Florence, Italy
Level Contributor
2,477 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ticket availability

You can still book online today and tomorrow! But ok, if not, you can try to get a ticket when you arrive - there's not a line, per se. They only sell a certain number of tickets for each time slot (every 20 minutes) so when you arrive in pisa, go to the main ticket office next to the Duomo or the tower ticket office next to the tower (same thing, two locations) and ask for the next available ticket. They'll tell you when that is (it could be then and there, it could be not until the next couple of hours, it really depends on the day and time and it can always be different). They'll give you your ticket with your timed slot so even if it is not for an hour, you can wander about and come back just in time for your visit! Easy.

Watertown, MA
Level Contributor
2,710 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ticket availability

The times available for the Tower were electronically posted at one the ticket places. When I was there in July late morning, plenty of tickets were available 3 hours later. Time for sightseeing and lunch if want. Pisa is more than the Field of Miracles.

enjoy!

3. Re: Ticket availability

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 February 2011, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Pisa
Recent Conversations