We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Going to Pisa tomorrow Thurs 8 Sept

UK
Level Contributor
8 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Going to Pisa tomorrow Thurs 8 Sept

Got the guidebook, got a room booked, we'll be there for a week and I know there is lots to see and we have some ideas but I just wondered if anyone knows of anything happening during that week that we shouldn't miss - exhibitions, concerts, outings?

Norwich, Norfolk, Uk
Destination Expert
for Tuscany
Level Contributor
8,611 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Going to Pisa tomorrow Thurs 8 Sept

If you are based in Pisa for a week, then you will definitely want to do some side trips, as I'm not sure there is enough in Pisa itself to warrant a whole week. I would recommend Lucca and Florence (maybe even two day trips to Florence) both by train.

Savannah, GA
Level Contributor
1,868 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Going to Pisa tomorrow Thurs 8 Sept

Go to Lucca for a Puccini Concert. Go to the web site www.puccinielasualucca.com and go to the events button. There is a click-on-the-date calendar that'll tell you what's happening every night. The concerts last a little more than an hour, feature incredible young performers in a recital-type format and are presented in a fascinating venue. Tickets are very reasonable.

You'll get a lovely introduction to Lucca strolling from the bus/train. The concerts begin at 7:00 p.m......really 7;15 because it's "Italian time". You could go to Lucca earlier in the day and enjoy the town, have an early dinner and then do the concert - or have a nice dinner after the concert. (Check transport schedules to be sure you can get "home")

Lucca is certainly worth a visit even if you're not a classical music fan. (But even if you're not, I think you'd find the concert fascinating - and, after all, they only last about an hour.) I don't think it'd be untoward to set aside a day for Lucca.

UK
Level Contributor
8 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Going to Pisa tomorrow Thurs 8 Sept

Thanks for that - Lucca is definitely in our plans anyway, will investigate the concert!

Wareham, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Going to Pisa tomorrow Thurs 8 Sept

We didn't get to a concert but had a wonderful day in Lucca!

5. Re: Going to Pisa tomorrow Thurs 8 Sept

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 April 2011, 05:20