We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is it necessary to book online in advance for the lean tower

Hong Kong
Level Contributor
44 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Is it necessary to book online in advance for the lean tower

I would like to know if it's necessary to book in advance for the ticket of lean tower since I've heard that there is a control in the no. of visitors each time going into the tower and one may need to come back a few hour later if just walk-in to buy the ticket! Is it quite fully booked?

Florence Italy
Level Contributor
1,658 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is it necessary to book online in advance for the lean tower

It depends upon what time of year you're visiting. In the winter, you often can climb exactly when you want to without waiting. But be on the safe side: book it anyway at www.opapisa.it.

Calgary
Level Contributor
742 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is it necessary to book online in advance for the lean tower

We were there in June and the wait to climb it was going to be over 2 hours so we didn't get to do it because we has other commitments. I would book.

Hong Kong
Level Contributor
44 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is it necessary to book online in advance for the lean tower

I will go there around x'mas and new year time and I only allow half day (actually excl. transportation time is only 2-3 hours) staying in Pisa! Is that period also peak travel time for Italy?

Anyway to play safe, I may book it in advance! But anyone knows if I'm late for my booked time, would I still be allowed in the following time slot?

Sydney
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Is it necessary to book online in advance for the lean tower

I am interested in this topic too.

I don't want to climb the tower. Just to see it and take some photos. Do I need a booking to get in the tower area? What about the cathedral (Duomo)? Is there any payment involved?

Watertown, MA
Level Contributor
2,768 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is it necessary to book online in advance for the lean tower

Booking tickets isn't that difficult to on-line, look at the link provided by Artviva.

It is only 2 euro extra to book on-line but you can only book on-line 15 days or more before your planned visit. Less than 15 days you will have to get tickets in person.

for banglab0y

no need to book tickets to look at the tower and roam around the Field of Miracles, entrance to the Cathedral is 2 euro, but its free from the 1st of Nov. until the end of Feb. No need to pre-book for the Cathedral.

Florence, Italy
Level Contributor
2,477 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is it necessary to book online in advance for the lean tower

It's not necessarily about waiting or not; they have certain time slots where only about 30 people a go are able to climb up the tower so it's always advisable to book. In December & January note that the last climb is at 4:30pm. If you are late for your time, you may miss out IF the next slot is fully booked.

If you're just visiting the Field of Miracles, banglab0y, of course you can just wander in as you like and get an up-close look at the tower without having to book anything. The Duomo costs 2 euro to visit (the interior).

Hong Kong
Level Contributor
44 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is it necessary to book online in advance for the lean tower

Thanks for all the useful advice! I do book it online to play safe!

8. Re: Is it necessary to book online in advance for the lean tower

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 May 2011, 06:31