We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train Florence/Pisa/Florence - group of 30

Which Pisa hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Pomona, California
Level Contributor
3 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Train Florence/Pisa/Florence - group of 30

Hi Forum readers~

We are taking a group of high school students on a trip this Spring Break. Rome (3) to Florence (2) through Verona to Innsbruck (1) to Munich (2) then to Prague (2).

My question:

Many of the students and chaperones wantede to take the "optional" excursion the tour company offers to Pisa on the afternoon of the only day we are in Florence. Since we are spending a very long day on the bus from Florence to Insbruck with a stop in Verona, I am very reluctant to use the bus for an optional trip to Pisa.

Does anyone have an idea about taking a group of 30 or 35 by rail? We have LOTS of chaperones so I am not worried at all about taking the train..

I can research the rail fares and times, but just wondered about the logistics of such a side trip.

Anyone?

Many thanks

pisa
Level Contributor
752 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Train Florence/Pisa/Florence - group of 30

florence to pisa by train is only 55minutes and pisa central station is just in the center of the town. pisa san rossore station is 5minutes walk from the tower...in half a day you'll look at the tower, old cemetery and cathedral...

have fun!!

silvia

Upper Maremma...
Level Contributor
764 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Train Florence/Pisa/Florence - group of 30

Please check this post

athomeintuscany.org/2011/…

The information is vali for the opposite itinerary as well of course

NY
Level Contributor
3,582 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Train Florence/Pisa/Florence - group of 30

You might want to send someone to the station ahead of time to get those 30-35 tickets and then get the group there maybe 20 minutes early to get them to the right platform and on the train. Tickets you can buy will most likely be on a regional train and second class is fine, and you can take any regional train on that route, you are not limited to specific trains at least during your stay (they do have a date limit but you will not approach it).

If you want be sure you can climb the tower, you should probably get reservations ahead of time.

4. Re: Train Florence/Pisa/Florence - group of 30

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 February 2012, 12:15