We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
1,750 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel nearest to Station Central

I know that the Hotel Jolly Cavelerie is opposite the station. However I like the look of Hotel Bologna also. We have limited time in Pisa and want to visit San Gimingano and Sienna over 2 days using public transport. How far is the Bologna from the station, we do not want a long walk to reach the station.

If anyone has suggestions for other hotels close to the station, feel free to let me know.

Thank you.

Montreal
Level Contributor
17,790 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel nearest to Station Central

Hotel Bologna is about 500 yards from Pisa Centrale.

Florence is a more convenient base than Pisa for visiting San Gimignano and Siena by public transport.

Gourock, United...
Level Contributor
377 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel nearest to Station Central

I stayed in the Hotel Bologna in June 2009. Lovely hotel, see my review.Took me about 5 to 10 minutes to walk there from the station. Ideal hotel if you want to stay close to the station however we're staying at the NH Cavalieri this year because we're using our airmiles. Is there a big price difference on the dates you are staying ? I think after a long day sightseeing and travelling on the bus/train I would like to just get off and walk across the street to my hotel rather than have another trek up a busy street.

Enjoy your trip !

Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
1,750 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel nearest to Station Central

Thanks to both. Yes doaknic, I agree with you on convenience after a day travelling around using public transport. Bologna is around £86 inc BF per night, and it's £101, for the Cavelerie. I liked the look of the Bologna, and having read the reviews it seemed the one to go for. Is it fairly straight forward walking to the Bologna or is it in and out many small streets. Maybe you can let me know, I can't find it on the map in relation to Station Central.

I have been to Pisa before and found it to be a good base to get around Tuscany without driving. Also from Edinburgh it's great having the Ryanair flights on our doorstep.

Kind regards.

Gourock, United...
Level Contributor
377 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel nearest to Station Central

Hello,

I found it a wee bit tricky the first time because I was travelling on my own for the first time and didn't want to draw attention to myself pulling out a map. There are plenty of maps online or in a guide book that you could print off, though on some maps instead of saying Via Guiseppe Mazzini it might say Mazzini or G.Mazzini. Maybe this has made it difficult for you to find..Try google maps , it will show you the position of the hotel.There are quite a few hotels in the same area that you could try. First time I went , I looked through the hotel reviews on T.A. starting from the top, then went through every booking engine I could to get the best price. Last year I stayed at the Hotel Orollogio up near the tower which is usually very expensive but I got it for a fantastic price that was cheaper than a b and b.

Depending how long you are in Italy and what time your return flight leaves Pisa, it might not be practical for you to stay in Florence though no doubt opinions vary on that. I'm hoping to stay in Siena maybe in September and looked at getting the bus/train straight from Pisa airport. Let me know how you get on,

Nicola

Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
1,750 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel nearest to Station Central

Thanks for the info, I'm a bit clearer now as to the location. We are flexible on when we go so looking around for best flight prices etc.

I'm treating my sister so hopefully I will get a good deal if I book early.

Pat.

Gourock, United...
Level Contributor
377 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel nearest to Station Central

Sinbad1one,

Just looked at the Hotel Bologna's own website a moment ago. If you click on "services" it will bring up an option for "shuttle". Click on this and it tells you that an airport shuttle is available to and from the airport FOR FREE using their own mini-van with the hotel logo on it. This might interest you since you are flying edinburgh to Pisa... I paid 10 euros each way in a taxi for one person so it might be a deciding factor in which hotel you pick. Saves a lot of hassle with cases too.

Nicola

Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
1,750 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel nearest to Station Central

Hi Again.

Yes I had noticed that there is a free shuttle available from the airport to hotel.

I will look closer and decide nearer the time which hotel to go for. I really like the look of the Bologna, a 10 minutewalk to the station central is fine(although 5 would be better!!).

Thanks again.

Pat.

Utrecht, The...
Level Contributor
3,055 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel nearest to Station Central

When we were there in December the shuttle was not in service (some dispute with the taxidrivers). I also read that it is not free. I think it was 10 euro when it was running. Taxi was 12 euro from hotel to airport.

Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
1,750 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel nearest to Station Central

Thanks. I will check this out.

Pat.

10. Re: Hotel nearest to Station Central

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2012, 09:15
Get answers to your questions about Pisa
Recent Conversations