We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Hire at Pisa airport

Tonbridge
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Car Hire at Pisa airport

I would love to hear of others experiences with car hire firms at Pisa, so I can make a more informed choice. I will take out excess insurance.

I am also confused about how to collect the car, I'm reading stories about the driver only can get the shuttle to collect the car and my husband won't be comfortable with this.

Norwich, Norfolk, Uk
Level Contributor
8,669 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car Hire at Pisa airport

Autoeurope.co.uk are a broker that seem to offer the best deals. Last summer I booked through them to pick up at Pisa airport. Both my sister in law and I were allowed on the shuttle bus, the journey was just a couple of minutes.

Ohio
Level Contributor
451 posts
187 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car Hire at Pisa airport

the car hire area is very close to the airport...you could easily walk it with your luggage as did many people. We recently, returned our car to Pisa and thought we needed to take the shuttle to the airport, not realizing how close it was. We waited 20 minutes on the bus for the driver for about a 2 minute drive. We then saw many people walking and realized that we should have just done that. Regarding whom to rent with, if you go to the Ryan Air website...they have a partnership with Hertz. You do not have to travel with Ryan Air to rent a car through them. Their rates were the best by far, including the CDW. They have a Pisa Airport car hire site.

UK
Level Contributor
2,937 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car Hire at Pisa airport

The last time we needed a car in that area we rented through Avis - picked it up in Lucca and returned it to Pisa airport after which we walked to the terminal

We often rent through Avis and have booked to do so again this year. Sixt is another company we've used without a problem. Whilst researching our hire options for our trip next month I was unable to get a quote from Autoeuope via their website and was instructed to call them, which I did. Their rates were very competitive but unfortunately they could only give quotes which included a heavy excess (all through Hertz). As we prefer to know exactly what we're in for before we commit we rang Avis who quoted a similar price to Autoeurope (which included a discount for being a BA Club member) and then confirmed the total price without any excess.

4. Re: Car Hire at Pisa airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 May 2012, 06:16