We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pisa with a baby

Which Pisa hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
94 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Pisa with a baby

We arrive in Pisa late at night (well 9.30pm!) but will have our then 13 month old son travelling with us so lots of luggage! Can anyone recommend somewhere very near the airport that likes children and is clean? Any suggestions welcome. Thanks

Utrecht, The...
Level Contributor
2,840 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pisa with a baby

Take a taxi to a hotel near or in the center. Taxi is about 10 to 15 euro.

Level Contributor
94 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pisa with a baby

Thanks I did think of that, any hotels that would be good with little one? We also need to cart ourselves and luggage to florence the next day so very near station would be ideal.

One reason we wanted to stay at airport is when we leave we have an early check in. Would be good to be next to it, but suppose if we can get hotel to get us a taxi that could work.

So much more planning involved now we have a little man.

Roma
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
10,954 posts
481 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pisa with a baby

Notice that from Pisa airport you can WALK to the city centre. If your luggage is really a problem, take a taxi (not more than 10 euros), but imagine you are already in Pisa when you land.

Norwich, Norfolk, Uk
Destination Expert
for Tuscany
Level Contributor
8,280 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pisa with a baby

I wouldn't recommend walking from the airport especially with a child at night, luggage or no luggage! There aren't any hotels at the airport, so you'd need to get a taxi wherever you go, as you are so close the the city, you might as well choose a hotel close to Pisa Centrale station so you can just walk there for your train the next day.

Cheshire, United...
Level Contributor
6,034 posts
218 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pisa with a baby

I would highly recommend Hotel La Pace .. right near the station and the hotel will pick you up from the airport for 3 euro per person. I stayed here last Sept and it was perfect I arrived at 11pm and the car was there for 11.20pm I was at the hotel for 11.30pm

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g187899-d2770…

Level Contributor
94 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pisa with a baby

Great! Thanks for that

Utrecht, The...
Level Contributor
2,840 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Pisa with a baby

Hotel Bologna is between the trainstation and the center. Very nice hotel.

They also have a shuttle service between airport, hotel and trainstation.

8. Re: Pisa with a baby

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 May 2013, 10:24