We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bag check at Pisa San Rossore station or in the area?

Bloomington...
2 posts
Save Topic
Bag check at Pisa San Rossore station or in the area?

We will arrive at the Pisa Centrale station and will walk to the Field of Miracles to see the sights. We then will take the bus on to Lucca, which leaves from near the Baptistry. To prevent backtracking I would like to stow our bags somewhere around the Field of Miracles, like the San Rossore station or somewhere else. I understand there is a bag check at the Tower, but it is only for day-pack sized bags and we will have carry-on sized bags. Any ideas are greatly appreciated!

Mentioned in this post
Pisa
Pisa
Province of Pisa, Italy
Lucca
Lucca
Province of Lucca, Italy
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
92,688 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bag check at Pisa San Rossore station or in the area?

There is luggage storage at Pisa Centrale station, but not at San Rossore.

Mentioned in this post
Pisa
Pisa
Province of Pisa, Italy
Bloomington...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Bag check at Pisa San Rossore station or in the area?

Are there any bag checks closer to the Tower then the Centrale?

Norwich, Norfolk, Uk
Level Contributor
8,669 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bag check at Pisa San Rossore station or in the area?

I would contact the tower and double check that you can't leave bigger bags there. I bet plenty of people do turn up with large bags. I've emailed them in the past to ask questions and found them very helpful.

If the answer is definitely no, then I don't think you will have a choice but to leave the bags at Pisa centrale and then go back to collect them. You can always just get on a train to Lucca from Centrale. The train is slightly faster than the bus and the train station is a very easy 5 minute walk from Lucca's walls, whereas the bus station is just inside them. It is not a big disadvantage to arrive by train.

Mentioned in this post
Pisa
Pisa
Province of Pisa, Italy
Lucca
Lucca
Province of Lucca, Italy
Upper Maremma...
Level Contributor
770 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bag check at Pisa San Rossore station or in the area?

going from the tower to pisa centrale is a 5 minute bus ride. very very easy. Also see if the bus to Lucca reaches the bus station in Piazza Sant?Antonio: it's a 2minute walk to the central train station. Pisa is very small, back tracking is really not an issue. besides, you can come back to Pisa by train and get off directly at Pisa Centrale.

Mentioned in this post
Lucca
Lucca
Province of Lucca, Italy
Pisa
Pisa
Province of Pisa, Italy
5. Re: Bag check at Pisa San Rossore station or in the area?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 June 2013, 20:22