We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trips from Pisa

Which Pisa hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Yarm
Level Contributor
54 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Day trips from Pisa

I will be in Pisa this Sunday and have already visited the Leaning Tower, Viareggio and Lucca on the train. It is also forecast showers so any ideas of another day out would be welcome.

Norwich, Norfolk, Uk
Destination Expert
for Tuscany
Level Contributor
8,218 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day trips from Pisa

I assume you will already have been to Florence? If not, go there. If you have you could look at Pistoia and/or Prato.

Yarm
Level Contributor
54 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day trips from Pisa

My next hotel is in Montecatini so we hope to be visiting one of the two you mentioned. Anywhere close to Pisa. Is Livorno worth a visit? Or anywhere south maybe on the bus?

Norwich, Norfolk, Uk
Destination Expert
for Tuscany
Level Contributor
8,218 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day trips from Pisa

There is more to Pisa than the tower! However, if the museums and galleries don't interest you, then yes a trip to Livorno would be ok. Not sure what will be open or closed on a Sunday though - you'd find more open in Pisa, I would think.

Uk
Level Contributor
341 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Day trips from Pisa

I found some of the attraction of Pisa just simply walking around and away from the Tower you are surrounded by tourists and people trying to sell you things.

There's some good views of the city wall and distant hills that can be seen from the road called Lungarno Leonardo Fibonacci and Ponte della Vittoria

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
65 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Day trips from Pisa

You could think about a day trip to Tuscany and their region. Most of the day on the bus, visit a few different places, try some beautiful chianti wine and taste some good regional food. Beautiful!!

6. Re: Day trips from Pisa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 June 2013, 04:16