We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

GoldCar Car Rental Pisa Airport

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
GoldCar Car Rental Pisa Airport

Don't ever use GoldCar. I had to queue at Pisa airport rental desk for 1 hour 10 minutes. When i got to the counter i was given the hard sell on the extended insurance, even told i would get served quicker when i returned the car. Then they told me they sell me a full tank of fuel at their premium rate irrespective of how much fuel is in the car when i return it. Don't bother with these cowboys, it ends up cheaper to go the usual car hire companies.

Likely To Sell Out
Tuscany in One Day Sightseeing Tour
7,161 Reviews
US$108 per adult
Free Cancellation
Pisa, Siena and San Gimignano Day...
367 Reviews
US$96 per adult
Free Cancellation
Pisa Half-Day Trip from Florence...
699 Reviews
US$78 per adult
253 replies to this topic
Kingston upon Hull...
2 posts
Save Reply
111. Re: GoldCar Car Rental Pisa Airport

What a familiar story. We arrived, they tried selling a ridiculous over-priced insurance package which I maintain is not needed, sob story about EU400 repair costs for a 1cm scratch. Don't use.

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Austria
Level Contributor
24,635 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
112. Re: GoldCar Car Rental Pisa Airport

they tried to sell you scdw? so what? it was your choice to accept it or not. as regards a repair cost? did you cause the damage? if not, dispute the charge with the cc company! if you did the damage, of course you should pay for it.

most rental companies try to sell you their own scdw. it is business to them. and most companies will charge you of you cause damage.

Kingston upon Hull...
2 posts
Save Reply
113. Re: GoldCar Car Rental Pisa Airport

Have you used Goldcar nakagoli? Please feel free to next time you're in Pisa

Edited: 22 August 2014, 16:18
Mentioned in this post
Pisa
Pisa
Province of Pisa, Italy
Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
56 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
114. Re: GoldCar Car Rental Pisa Airport

Slightly off topic but just returned having rented a car for two weeks from Firefly via Argus. All went well, great price and no nasty surprises. These kind of threads, although very useful, worried me before the holiday so I thought it worth keeping a balance of experiences.

norfolk
Level Contributor
4 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
115. Re: GoldCar Car Rental Pisa Airport

Actually Mike, AutoEurope are, as we speak, having an internal inquiry about Goldcar's conduct at this very moment. It was a very horrible experience. I'm glad you had a great time but thank goodness there is a forum for this kind of behaviour, because quite frankly it's just not fair on innocent people.

Edited: 25 August 2014, 14:40
Norwich, Norfolk, Uk
Level Contributor
8,669 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
116. Re: GoldCar Car Rental Pisa Airport

I am pleased to hear that autoeurope are looking into this, I feel they damage their own reputation by listing this provider.

Barnsley, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
117. Re: GoldCar Car Rental Pisa Airport

Hi there, I too have just logged a complaint via auto-Europe; they should drop this company and hit them where it hurts, they are ruining hard earnt breaks with this scam

Mentioned in this post
Europe
Europe
World
Midhurst, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
55 reviews
Save Reply
118. Re: GoldCar Car Rental Pisa Airport

Agree Goldcar at Pisa airport dreadful. Luckily we always have our own car hire excess insurance so never have to pay for the excess charged by hire car companies. However that meant they kept a deposit of 1600 euros and wouldn't even give us free breakdown insurance. Car was bashed in the side and they tried to pass it off as perfect -luckily we pointed this out just before they shut or we would undoubtedly have been blamed. It was also filthy, stunk of cigarette and had no washer fluid. All very very poor.

Mentioned in this post
Pisa
Pisa
Province of Pisa, Italy
London
Level Contributor
1 post
12 reviews
Save Reply
119. Re: GoldCar Car Rental Pisa Airport

Stay away!

Exactly the same experience - although so far we are 3 weeks after the holiday and no extra random charges.

I have hired from most of the desks at Pisa - never had a problem, always polite though sometimes slow. I don't even think to check the reputation of the company as all are pretty much the same. Not these guys though.

Goldcar is shocking in the rudeness, inefficiency,lies they tell to get you to pay more and failure to do their basic job of checking cars before and after a rental.

Just horrible people and horrible experience. We are now trying to find a hire care for next month and have had to cancel two bookings because they have turned out to be Goldcar (or Firefly which is connected).

Anyone knows of a cheap rental site which doesn't work with Goldcar?

Mentioned in this post
Pisa
Pisa
Province of Pisa, Italy
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
120. Re: GoldCar Car Rental Pisa Airport

We booked via Holiday Autos and had to take out extra insurance to avoid Goldcar taking 1,400 off our credit card. We also had to pay over 100 euros for a full tank of petrol, we used half of it so the scam has worked well for them there. When I told them at collection that I wanted to fill the car up myself they pointed to the small print.

The car had a flat battery on the first night and none of the emergency numbers worked from my UK mobile. Managed to get the battery jump started and it was flat again within two days.

I will always pay a little extra to go with a reputable firm in future and I will avoid Goldcar and Holiday Autos at all cost.

Reply to: GoldCar Car Rental Pisa Airport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted