We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Budget Car Hire at Pisa Airport

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pollenca, Port de Pollenca
Level Contributor
9,094 posts
53 reviews
Save Topic
Budget Car Hire at Pisa Airport

Hi, I'm considering using Budget for a car hire from the airport this spring.

Their own website says they are based at the airport, as do other car hire agents' websites. However the official website for Pisa Airport does not include Budget in their list of car hire options (it lists all the usuals incl Hertz, Avis, Sixt, Europcar etc).

I've phoned Budget at Pisa and they assure me they're available at Pisa airport. Please can someone confirm that Budget really are there on site (near their competitors).

I'm aware it seems to be a short shuttlebus from arrivals to all car hire depots. And, having read TA, I will not be using Goldcar.

Any further thoughts ? Thanks.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
31,191 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Budget Car Hire at Pisa Airport

Check www.auto-europe.co.uk

Route planner www.viamichelin.com

London
Level Contributor
265 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Budget Car Hire at Pisa Airport

Here's the list from Pisa Airport own website.

www.pisa-airport.com/index.php…

Budget I have been informed is still in the same building.

Regards

John

Southsea
Level Contributor
40 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Budget Car Hire at Pisa Airport

I'm travelling from Siena to Pisa Airport to fly home and need to drop the hire car back at the Budget rental office at the airport. I like to be (overly) prepared for these things, can anyone shed any light exactly how I find the Budget office when there? Budgets own website isn't very helpful, and google maps puts it plumb in the middle of a runway which is a little bit too 'National Lampoons' for my liking!

On this map can anyone tell me where in relation to some of the listed places it is please? Also what would you enter into a SatNav to get you there?

http://goo.gl/maps/V94vY

Many thanks

Edited: 03 July 2013, 07:30
Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
9,094 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Budget Car Hire at Pisa Airport

I travelled back from Siena to Pisa Airport; lovely and easy drive. If you're on full-to-full fuel policy there are several fuel stations in the final 10 miles or so. Budget car rental place is with all the others in a Car Rental 'Village' just outside the airport. Very well signposted, no problem in locating it.

Click on the streetmap link below to see the entrance to that area; and exit via X at top right and its location will be in centre of map, where it says Europcar.

Budget seem to be part of Avis, so for car hire return look for both Avis & Budget signs once you've entered the area - they're at far right.

One word of caution, allow plenty of time for returning the car. On Sat 1st June at about 1630 it took about 40 mins to complete the return process, and then go via the shuttle bus to airport entrance (and most of that was the slow Avis/Budget returns process). Other than that I was very happy with Budget.

http://goo.gl/maps/FUI1T

Edited: 03 July 2013, 17:35
Southsea
Level Contributor
40 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Budget Car Hire at Pisa Airport

KWUK,

Many many thanks, that is excellent info and just what I was looking for, I meant to ask about petrol stations as well so that is brilliant.

Is it a case of just park up anywhere in that area or are there designated bays for Budget rentals?

Many thanks.

Nick

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
9,094 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Budget Car Hire at Pisa Airport

The whole parking lot is separated into individual areas for each company, and is well signposted. Avis & Budget are together in the same area at far RHS, and you then park in any space in that area (it's reasonably obvious when you get there)

Southsea
Level Contributor
40 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Budget Car Hire at Pisa Airport

Many thanks again

Valletta,Malta
Level Contributor
242 posts
232 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Budget Car Hire at Pisa Airport

Yes Budget car rental are part of Avis... they just give the avis customers a bit of preference hence they will pay a more expensive rate for the same rental...which in my opinion is acceptable.

North Yorkshire, UK
Level Contributor
3 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Budget Car Hire at Pisa Airport

May i ask how much deposit you paid with your car rental? i wish to ensure i have enough credit on my card. Many Thanks

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
9,094 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Budget Car Hire at Pisa Airport

Nina, not quite sure I fully understand your question. But -

When I made the booking direct with Budget (several months before the actual rental) they did not want a deposit or any payment in advance (I'd checked prices online and booked by phone as I needed to clarify the deal I got. at the time). The nil-deposit and not having to pay in advance was a pleasant surprise; I would have been able to cancel at no cost if I'd later found a better deal.

On collecting the car I paid on my card for the full rental cost - and that was it. I guess if I'd failed to return the car full of fuel there would have been an extra transaction at that time.