We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

beaches near pisa

pisa
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
beaches near pisa

Hi, I was going to stay near Pisa and wanted to see the sea and stay for a couple of days on the beach in a nice b&b. From what I have read so far, this seems to be much more complicated than it should be, with problems of access to the beach, crowdedness, fees etc...tourism of course in general? Am I right or wrong, what do the experts say? And also, it is true that beaches in the South of Livorno are really better than the ones around Pisa, I do not really want to go far away from Pisa if I dont have to? Any help much appreciated...

Pedicab Pisa City Ecotour
Sightseeing Tours, City Tours, Bike Tours
Smile & Ride
Equipment Hire, Self-Guided Tours & Rentals, City Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Bike Tours
Pisatour
Sightseeing Tours
City Grand Tour
Sightseeing Tours, City Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Cultural Tours
London
Level Contributor
232 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: beaches near pisa

Forte di Marmi has been recommended to me.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
31,664 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: beaches near pisa

Nearest beach to Pisa, Viareggio

Trains www.trenitalia.com/trenitalia21/html

Local buses www.vaibus.com/pdf/Extraurbano4feb13.pdf

www.aboutpisa.info

www.lucca.ca

www.discovertuscany.com

Capannoli, Italy
Level Contributor
13 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: beaches near pisa

Hi,

usually people from Pisa go to the beaches of Marina di Pisa and Tirrenia where there a lot of beach spot. Probably there will be a bit crowded on the week-end but during the week in this period are very quiet.

In marina di Pisa there is also a nice place on the beach called "Sunset" to have an aperitivo or a drink with a spectaclur view on the sea.

If you want there also nice spot in the area after Livorno, such as Calafuria and Quercianella.

Montelparo, Italy
Level Contributor
2,458 posts
467 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: beaches near pisa

Gioel's correct! Marina di Pisa is reachable by bus, Tirrenia by regional train.

Savannah, GA
Level Contributor
1,877 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: beaches near pisa

Look at Lido di Camiaiore. We enjoyed Villa Ariston there. (Has great pool area and it's own beach area as well.)

pisa
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: beaches near pisa

Thank you all, that is really good advice! Querniacella seems to be very famous, right?

7. Re: beaches near pisa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2014, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Pisa