We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

difficulty booking tickets for Leaning tower of Pisa for 7/1

Which Pisa hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
orlando
Level Contributor
102 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
difficulty booking tickets for Leaning tower of Pisa for 7/1

We, our family of four, are hoping to go to the leaning tower from Florence, on 7/1/2013. I tried twice and could not book it. NOt sure what I am doing wrong or if I have the correct website. Please help. Also help would be appreciated on timing our trip-morning or afternoon to pisa and what train to take.

Thank you

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
39,121 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: difficulty booking tickets for Leaning tower of Pisa for 7/1

Have you alerted your bank to the fact that you will be making a foreign transaction? That may be why the purchase is not going through - unless, of course, they are sold out.

From where are you taking the train to reach Pisa?

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
83,967 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: difficulty booking tickets for Leaning tower of Pisa for 7/1

Are you entering the date as 7/1 or as 1/7? Outside North America, dates are day/month/year.

Fort St. John...
Level Contributor
145 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: difficulty booking tickets for Leaning tower of Pisa for 7/1

Correction, "outside of north america" should read "outside of the US". In canada we do it the right way too :-)

Fort St. John...
Level Contributor
145 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: difficulty booking tickets for Leaning tower of Pisa for 7/1

Correction, "outside of north america" should read "outside of the US". In canada we do it the right way too :-)

Florida
Level Contributor
324 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: difficulty booking tickets for Leaning tower of Pisa for 7/1

Since OP is from Orlando, it's likely July 1st.

OP, we are going June 30th. I used http://boxoffice.opapisa.it/Turisti/

and had to move our visit from the morning to the afternoon in order to book tickets in advance. Because they go on sale 20 days in advance, times get snapped up quickly.

orlando
Level Contributor
102 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: difficulty booking tickets for Leaning tower of Pisa for 7/1

Yes. It is July 1st sorry. Also I tried again and it said that "an exception has occurred" and "java.lang.Outof MemoryError" I keep restarting it to no avail.

Toronto, Canada
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: difficulty booking tickets for Leaning tower of Pisa for 7/1

I've been trying to book tickets since yesterday morning and still getting the same "exception occurred" error. I've tried four different browsers and tried a pc instead of a mac this morning so the problem must be on their end.

8. Re: difficulty booking tickets for Leaning tower of Pisa for 7/1

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2014, 06:17