We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pisa at night

Level Contributor
463 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Pisa at night

Guys

I'm flying into Pisa in Sept and checking into the hotel probably at 8;30pm. I've heard a lot about Pisa at night and wanted to choose a hotel closer to this night-time attraction

I was consider this hotel but think it's too far now. It seems it's around the railway station which supposedly isn't safe at night

http://goo.gl/maps/WSPpD

Hence my question - would I be better off looking for a place right around the leaning tower itself? I believe the square of miracles is the same spot too. Arriving that late, I would like to get a quick bite to eat, see the tower and hit the bed

Likely To Sell Out
Tuscany in One Day Sightseeing Tour
6,425 reviews
from US$109.54*
Pisa, Siena and San Gimignano Day...
274 reviews
from US$97.37*
Florence Day Trip to Pisa, San...
54 reviews
from US$85.20*
Semi-Private Tour: Day Trip to...
26 reviews
from US$219.08*
Upper Maremma...
Level Contributor
770 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pisa at night

The night life is not around the Leaning Tower but around Piazza Garibaldi and the Lungarno. The area of the Leaning Tower is quiet at night (which, in my opinion, makes it way more beautiful than during the busy daytime) The ideal location if you want to be in the center of it all (which is not much anyway :P) is Hotel Royal Victoria.

Level Contributor
463 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pisa at night

when you say not much at all, are you saying there's really not much to see at night anyways? I looked up youtube videos of piazza garibaldi and tend to agree with you

Is walking from hotel royal victoria to leaning tower at 10pm at night relatively safe for a couple?

Upper Maremma...
Level Contributor
770 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pisa at night

Very safe and the piazza is gorgeous at night. When I say not much at all, I meant that the city has a lively night life but it is mostly students at bars. There are few locales that play live music (in fact in winter I believe only a couple). Most people just gather in Piazza Garibaldi and along the river and drink and chat with friends. Walking along the river at night is nice, and so is Borgo Stretto, Piazza dei Cavalieri and Piazza dei miracoli. But past the area of Piazza Garibaldi - Borgo Stretto - Piazza delle Vettovaglie there are no locales.

4. Re: Pisa at night

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 August 2014, 07:19