We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Leaning Tower

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
137 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Leaning Tower

How much time should one give themselves to hike the tower?

1. Re: Leaning Tower

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 12 September 2013, 08:18
Norwich, Norfolk, Uk
Destination Expert
for Tuscany
Level Contributor
8,633 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Leaning Tower

You need half an hour ahead of your slot time to pick up your tickets and put and bags in the luggage place (compulsory) the whole climb up and down takes around 30 - 40 mins

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
137 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Leaning Tower

Beautiful, thank you peggy patch!

London, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Leaning Tower

It took us about 45 mins to go up, walk around, take photos and come down. Really worth it though.. but go early in the morning as you don't get so hot!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
137 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Leaning Tower

Perfect, thank you. Unfortunately, we'll be going later in the afternoon since we are stopping in Lucca prior to.Hopefully it's not too hot. (End of Sept)

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
576 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Leaning Tower

#2-peggypatch: Does this include women's handbags? How about camera bags? I am sure if one has valuables, they will want to take it with them wherever they go, right?

Southern Highlands...
Level Contributor
24 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Leaning Tower

You have to check your bags, all of them, even handbags. I was in the line yesterday and the woman in front of me was refused entry after standing in line for about 20 mins, because she had a very small hand bag! It was only the size of a standard paperback novel. She had to go and check it, and then come back and line up again!

Also, you can only go up with a "tour" because they restrict the amount of people in the tower at any one time. The tours leave every 15 mins. So if the tours are full when you get there, you will have to wait around until a space becomes available in a later tour.

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
576 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Leaning Tower

#7; MiniMusicology- Thankyou for his information. But what about our camera and prescription glasses? Would that have to checked-in too?

Southern Highlands...
Level Contributor
24 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Leaning Tower

I wear glasses, and took my camera up with me. They let you take your camera.

Norwich, Norfolk, Uk
Destination Expert
for Tuscany
Level Contributor
8,633 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Leaning Tower

Yes, no problem taking the camera up and glasses, but if you have a camera bag you will have to check that in too. The rule is no bags, whatsoever.

Edited: 29 September 2013, 13:02