We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

taxi from pisa airport

london
Level Contributor
483 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
taxi from pisa airport

hi all travelling to pisa in feb booked flight and hotel which is near leaning tower i was quoted on line 80 euros for a taxi with various companys eg resorthoppa which seems very expensive for a 20min journey if you get a taxi on arrival at airport is it cheaper if not looks like we will be getting the train or bus many thanks paul

Likely To Sell Out
Tuscany in One Day Sightseeing Tour
6,699 reviews
from US$111.90*
Pisa, Siena and San Gimignano Day...
296 reviews
from US$99.50*
Pisa Half-Day with Skip-the-Line...
657 reviews
from US$80.80*
Florence Day Trip to Pisa, San...
77 reviews
from US$87.10*
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
89,122 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: taxi from pisa airport

It would be much cheaper to take an ordinary taxi from outside the airport terminal. The distance from the airport to the Campo dei Miracoli is about 4 km.

Norwich, Norfolk, Uk
Level Contributor
8,662 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: taxi from pisa airport

That is an outrageous price! Much cheaper to just jump in a local taxi. I can't remember exactly how much it was last time we stayed near the tower, but I would guess around 20 euros.

3. Re: taxi from pisa airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 December 2013, 14:09
Utrecht, The...
Level Contributor
3,090 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: taxi from pisa airport

Two years ago we took a taxi from our hotel near the trainstation to the airport for about 13 euro. A hotel near the tower is a little further so probably 15 tot 20 euro. Ask the driver for a quote before you get in.

Or take public transport.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pollenca, Port de Pollenca
Level Contributor
9,667 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: taxi from pisa airport

Last May I picked up a taxi from the rank immediately outside Pisa Airport arrivals to take the two of us to our hotel in centre of PIsa. It cost about 12 or 13 euros. Leaning Tower is a bit further but not by a lot, so I would estimate it's about 20 euros - but ask the driver before getting in.

PS - I wouldn't have wanted to use a hire car in centre of Pisa.

PPS - welcome to TA's forums

Edited: 20 December 2013, 13:57
Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
30,326 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: taxi from pisa airport

Pisa taxis are metered. The tariff is here cotapi.it/index.php/…fares

Toronto, Canada
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: taxi from pisa airport

Hi there,

Does any of you know if its easy to find a cab at the airport at late arrival? Our flight arrives at midnight and I wanted to know if we would be able to grab a taxi that late?

Thanks,

8. Re: taxi from pisa airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 May 2015, 06:17