We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shore Excursion to Cinque Terre and Pisa

Level Contributor
9 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Shore Excursion to Cinque Terre and Pisa

Hi,

My husband and I will be in the Magic of the Mediterranean cruise with Holland America in June 2014. We are docking at 7am in Livorno on the 20th June 2014. We are planning to do a shore excursion to Cinque Terre with a quick stop in Pisa (to see the tower) on the way back. We found the company Cinque Terre Tours who can do a 9 hour tour to Cinque Terre.

For more information on the tour: cinqueterretour.it/index.php/en/shore-excurs…

Please see reviews on the company in TripAdvisor: tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g187822-d2…

The itinerary above can be adjusted to our needs.

Price for group tour of 5 to 8 people: €630

Is anyone interested in joining us for this tour? We are trying to get six more people (to make up a group of 8) so we can lower the cost as much as possible e.g. with 8 people, it will be €79 per person (a lot more affordable than the shore excursion offered by the cruise line!).

Thanks,

Dyan

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
32,560 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shore Excursion to Cinque Terre and Pisa

I would suggest trying to contact people on this particular cruise via one of the dedicated cruise forums, like boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php…

Level Contributor
9 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shore Excursion to Cinque Terre and Pisa

Thanks!

United States
Level Contributor
9,684 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shore Excursion to Cinque Terre and Pisa

Have you ruled out doing it on your own? It would be much cheaper and fairly easy.

TAB

Level Contributor
9 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Shore Excursion to Cinque Terre and Pisa

Hi TAB,

I've looked online and it looks like its pretty hard to get there by public transport as the train only goes to Blanes. Also I've heard that the trains are sometimes a miss and hit. Have you travelled from Livorno to Cinque Terre on your own, if so I'd love to hear your experience!

Level Contributor
9 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Shore Excursion to Cinque Terre and Pisa

Hi TAB,

I've looked online and it looks like its pretty hard to get there by public transport as the train only goes to Blanes. Also I've heard that the trains are sometimes a miss and hit. Have you travelled from Livorno to Cinque Terre on your own, if so I'd love to hear your experience!

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
29,779 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Shore Excursion to Cinque Terre and Pisa

Where is Blanes? There's one in Spain?

There are direct Intercity trains from Livorno Centrale to Monterosso costing €14, and train services to every Cinque Terre village with a change of train in la Spezia - e.g. to Manarola from €9.30. For times see www.trenitalia.com clicking the UK flag for English, entering your 'hour' of departure e.g. '13' for 13.00 - use a date this week to see fares of journeys entirely by Regional trains.

I notice your tour expects you to pay for your boat trip, train ticket and walking pass yourself in addition to the 'basic' cost.

Level Contributor
1,279 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Shore Excursion to Cinque Terre and Pisa

I really think paying around 100 € for a tour to cinque terre is a waste of money.

You can easily do by yourself, trains are fast cheap and frequent. Delays aren't rare but tge high frequency can compensate.

8. Re: Shore Excursion to Cinque Terre and Pisa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 28 February 2014, 04:35
United States
Level Contributor
9,684 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Shore Excursion to Cinque Terre and Pisa

Dyan,

I travel by myself to the Cinque Terre often as well as all over Italy by train. The trains are not hit or miss, they are well scheduled. There are the occasional late running trains but if you miss a connection, there will be another train (of course the last train of the evening is another matter).

Post #6 gives you directions on finding train schedules.

Trail pass info is at:

www.cinqueterre.eu.com/en/cinque-terre-card

The ferries will begin at the end of March, schedules will be posted closer to that time:

www.navigazionegolfodeipoeti.it/home.asp…

Last year's info is at :

apathtolunch.com/2013/07/cinque-terre-lerici…

TAB

Level Contributor
9 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Shore Excursion to Cinque Terre and Pisa

Hi TAB,

Thanks, I've looked at travelling by ourselves using trains but unfortunately it leaves us too little time to spend in cinque terre as the earliest train we can catch from livorno to riomaggiore is at 9.19am getting there at 11.18am and will have to catch 3.43pm to head back to livorno in time so we only have 4 and half hours to spend in cinque terre, I don't think this is enough time to spend there, is it?

Get answers to your questions about Pisa