We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

which car hire firm do you recommend?

northern ireland
Level Contributor
1,643 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
which car hire firm do you recommend?

My husband and I are visiting Tuscany for 1 week in june.Can anyone recommend a good car hire firm we could use from Pisa airport

many thanks in advance

Suffolk
Destination Expert
for Lucca
Level Contributor
418 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: which car hire firm do you recommend?

Luckily as I have my place in Lucca I don't have to use Pisa Airport for car hire, over the years I agree with Peggy it gets ludicrously busy and the actual car hire park has moved further and further from the front door, the days when they gave you the keys and you walked outside are sadly long gone. Just to throw a curve ball, in Lucca the Avis office (which I have used for maybe 10years without a problem) and the Hertz office (never used) are within a few mins walking distance of the bus depot in Lucca. Rentals are cheaper as its a non airport location and its a lot less stressful if you can make your way there. With baggage the walk to Avis is less than 10mins. Its even easy to jump off the bus and get someone to wait with luggage right there or just a mins walk through the gate relax in the shade. The loop inside the gate is not in the ZTL.

northern ireland
Level Contributor
1,643 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: which car hire firm do you recommend?

thank you for all the help and advise,i intend to walk to the car hire office rather than wait for the bus as we made that mistake on our last visit 4 years ado,think we are going to go with budget.many thamks again for all the help and advise

13. Re: which car hire firm do you recommend?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 May 2015, 05:15