We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pisa/Florence in 2.5 days

Milton Keynes, UK
Level Contributor
52 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Pisa/Florence in 2.5 days

Hi,

Was hoping to get some guidance on few things. I'm coming to Pisa next week (late afternoon) and will be staying for a couple of days and figured I should spend 1 day in Florence and the other day in Pisa. I know the weather next week is showing thunderstorms which is a shame but will persevere nonetheless!

Wanted to ask if it's:

a) Possible to see Florence in a day

b) Easy to get there and back for non-Italian speakers ( i have basic Italian skills) on a train?

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
32,183 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pisa/Florence in 2.5 days

a) No, but you can cover certain things, deciding what you most want to do, and leave out. See e.g. tripadvisor.com/Travel-g187895-c148104/Flore…

b) Yes. I presume you have also see the "top questions about Pisa" on the right-hand side of this page - although of course you'll be starting at Pisa Centrale station rather than the airport.

Norwich, Norfolk, Uk
Destination Expert
for Tuscany
Level Contributor
8,599 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pisa/Florence in 2.5 days

You must validate your train tickets in the little machine on the platform before you get on the train.

Swansea, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pisa/Florence in 2.5 days

Leaning tower is twenty mins from station, easily do this in a day. Florence is much busier than Pisa, but more compact so easily done in a day too! Make sure to validate tickets in green machines on wall of train station before boarding train. Wear comfortable walking shoes and enjoy. If you are flying into Pisa, buy a Pisa mover shuttle ticket at the information desk, this will take you to back of train station for €1.30, bus stop (fermata) is outside front of airport. Return ticket cab be purchased from tabacchi in train station. Tickets for tower can be bought in museum next to il Duomo.

Edited: 31 May 2014, 17:18
4. Re: Pisa/Florence in 2.5 days

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 June 2015, 05:16