We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can any body help??

Chester UK
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Topic
Can any body help??

We are going to Pisa in November and would like to stay in a 3*ish! hotel thats close to the square or the centre. Does any body know any? Also how far away is Florance and what is the best way to get there. Would really love to hear some of your comments. Thanks!

merseyside
Destination Expert
for Kalymnos
Level Contributor
1,510 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can any body help??

We went to Pisa for New Year and stayed at the Hotel Leonardo.Its in a tiny side street, but five minutes walk from the Tower and shops. We went to Florence for the day. The train station is about 15/20 minutes walk away and the journey to Florence takes an hour.

London
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Can any body help??

Hello

I went to Pisa and Florence last November too with my husband. If you do not really need to the stay in Pisa then I think it is better to stay in Florence instead as it is much nicer and there is more to see and do....or maybe stay in both. However, if you do need to stay in Pisa, it is also very easy to get to Florence, there should be a bus from the airport that takes you into the centre of Florence and takes less 1 hr from what I remember. We took the ryanair flights, went to check out the leaning tower etc and then headed back to airport via taxi ( or bus ) was quite cheap in taxi and then got bus to Florence. Also, I think you should also bring something warm as I only took a very light jacket expecting it to be much warmer than the UK and its was absolutely freezing in Florence in the evening/ night....wind chill factor..was very suprised, jumpers and scarves are recommended. Great food in Florence as well...luckily did not come across the dodgey tourist restaurants..even if they were, the food was of a high standard.

Upper Maremma...
Level Contributor
770 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can any body help??

If you want a hotel, the best location is that of Hotel Victoria.

4. Re: Can any body help??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 August 2009, 15:20