We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How Far is Florence from San Gimignano?

Miami
Level Contributor
72 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
How Far is Florence from San Gimignano?

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone have estimated time range that it would take to drive from San Gimignano to Florence.

Thanks for your help TA's!

Kingston, Washington
Level Contributor
433 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How Far is Florence from San Gimignano?

My Via Michelin route puts it at 59km and roughly 57 minutes.

Miami
Level Contributor
72 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How Far is Florence from San Gimignano?

AWESOME!

Thanks for your help!

Breda, The...
Level Contributor
162 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How Far is Florence from San Gimignano?

It is really doable to visit San Gimignano when you are in Florence. We also visited this really nice town when we were in Florence in 2009. We combined it with Monteriggioni. This is a really small town and there is nothing to do for I know but we really liked the view when we arrived by car.

Kingston, Washington
Level Contributor
433 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How Far is Florence from San Gimignano?

Glad to help, Down2Mars. My wife and I are staying in San Gimignano in October and planning a day trip to Florence (yeah, I know, but my Florence list is short).

The distance I gave you is from S. Gimignano to the Nenni-Torregalli Tram Station at the COOP on Via Tristano Codignola (outskirts of Florence on the West side). It seemed like a good place to park and avoid the ZTLs. That's where we'll park.

5. Re: How Far is Florence from San Gimignano?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2012, 01:19