We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Independent Cycling Tour: San Gimignano to Siena

London, United...
1 post
Save Topic
Independent Cycling Tour: San Gimignano to Siena

Hello everyone,

I am looking for some advice regarding a cycling tour from San Gimignano-Siena in August. My partner and I are staying with family in Montaione, near San G., and are looking to spend 5 days cycling from here to Siena.

We are flying to Tuscany, so are unable to bring our bikes at home. Have looked at bike rental from D.F. Bike, recommended in another forum post about this topic. Does anyone have any other recommendations?

Has anyone got any route suggestions/itineraries that might be helpful? I am looking at purchasing this book which was recommended in another forum post for itinerary ideas:

(amazon.co.uk/Cycling-Tuscany-BIKE-26-Cycline…)

Unfortunately we are on quite a tight budget, so doing an organised tour isn't possible. Does anyone have any idea about how to organise accomodation or have any recommendations of budget places to stay en route? We were considering camping, but don't fancy cycling with all the equipment!

We will be grateful of any advice we can get!

Thanks

Anna

Montreal
Level Contributor
17,790 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Independent Cycling Tour: San Gimignano to Siena

According to viamichelin.com, which notoriously underestimates driving times, Maione to Siena by bike is about four hours. Even if you add two hours to that, it still wouldn't take five days.

Look at the Viamichelin route, then Google >agriturismo [name of town]<. They are often the least expensive accommodation, but in August, holiday month for Italians, some may not take one-night bookings.

2. Re: Independent Cycling Tour: San Gimignano to Siena

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 October 2012, 13:15
Get answers to your questions about San Gimignano
Recent Conversations