We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train from Siena to Rome...HOW?

paris
Level Contributor
16 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Train from Siena to Rome...HOW?

Any advice on taking train from Siena to Rome?? Do I need to buy tickets in advance or can I do it at the train station? If I do it in advance...HOW do I do it? What's the best way of navigating this?? Help!

florence
Level Contributor
55 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Train from Siena to Rome...HOW?

Why from Siena ? fror Siena you have to change in Chiusi

From Florence the trein are direct and with EuroStar you arrive in Rome in only 1.30h.

Look http://www.trenitalia.it/

Only the Eurostar Train you have to buy the tickets in advance because they give you your number of seat.

ciao

Level Contributor
44 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Train from Siena to Rome...HOW?

From Siena the best way to reach Rome is by bus: it takes 3 hours and its direct. Check the timetable at www.sena.it

New York
Level Contributor
46 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Train from Siena to Rome...HOW?

Take the bus. Direct from Siena, about 3 hours. Go to www.sena.it.com. Otherwise you have to go part of the way by bus then by train. You would have to book it at the train station , preferably a little while in advance depending on when you are going. There is also a travel agency in La Lizza( a piazza in Siena) where you could make your arrangements called Palio Travel or Tours. You could probably use any travel agency to do it.

Get answers to your questions about Siena