We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Siena - market day?

CGH
England
Level Contributor
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Siena - market day?

I am sure I have read somewhere that Wednesday is market day in Siena. Can anyone confirm this? We will be there for three days in a couple of weeks time. Can't wait! Many thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Siena
Siena
Province of Siena, Italy
USA
Level Contributor
765 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Siena - market day?

Yes, we can confirm that Wednesday is market day in Siena; it is located in the Fortezza Medicea parking area and begins early in the morning and is open all day.

Mentioned in this post
Siena
Siena
Province of Siena, Italy
Fortezza Medicea
Fortezza Medicea
135 Reviews
Arezzo, Italy
Siena, Italy
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Siena - market day?

Yes you're right, it's Wednesday, but make sure you get there in the morning. To be honest I'm not sure whether I'd prefer to be in Siena for the Wednesday market or on Sunday afternoon to see one of the Contrade parading the streets. Ideally if you have time then get to Siena on Sunday around mid-day and leave Wednesday lunchtime!

Have a great time

Russ

Mentioned in this post
Siena
Siena
Province of Siena, Italy
USA
Level Contributor
765 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Siena - market day?

If you have a car and are parking in the public lots at the Fortezza Medicea, move it on Tuesday night or else it will be towed; the Wednesday market takes up all of this parking area.

Mentioned in this post
Fortezza Medicea
Fortezza Medicea
135 Reviews
Arezzo, Italy
New York
Level Contributor
46 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Siena - market day?

You are right. Wednesday is Market Day in Siena.

Mentioned in this post
Siena
Siena
Province of Siena, Italy
Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
8 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Siena - market day?

We were at the market in Siena last Wednesday. We went in the morning and it was already very crowded. Alot of locals, but many, many tour buses dropping people off. They have a wide variety of merchandise: handbags, shoes, clothing, household items. The quality of most is not the best, but the prices were pretty cheap.

Mentioned in this post
Siena
Siena
Province of Siena, Italy
Get answers to your questions about Siena