We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Having trouble finding accommodation

Which Siena hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne
Level Contributor
58 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Having trouble finding accommodation

Hi there,

I was hoping to get budget accomodation for two in Siena for a night in late December this year. I'm having trouble finding something that's actually in town and less than 100 euro a night. Some places have a minimum stay, and others are out of town. Can anyone recommend anything?

Thanks!

Montreal
Level Contributor
17,790 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Having trouble finding accommodation

If you're talking of the last week of December, it's no surprise: All hotels charge high-season rates and most have a minimum stay.

This monastery in Siena has no curfew:

www.monasterystays.com/index.php…

There's another convent in Siena that takes guests, but it has a curfew at 11:30 p.m. You'll find it on the same Web site.

New York
Level Contributor
46 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Having trouble finding accommodation

Hotel Etruria and/ or Hotel Tre Donzelle. You can roll out of your bed and into the Campo, also very reasonable. Piccolo Hotel Etruria (located on Via delle Donzelle,3),phone number: 0577288088, fax: 0577288461.

Buon Viaggio

Seal Beach...
Level Contributor
2,505 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Having trouble finding accommodation

Try this excellent booking website"

www.Tuscany.net

If you are there around Christmas or New Years then you might have to increase your 100 euro to 120-130 to find something good within the city itself. If you can go just outside the city limits you should be able to find closer to 100.

In any case there are many fine listings here with excellent photos and maps of locations to help you decide.

Buona fortuna! LL

Melbourne
Level Contributor
58 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Having trouble finding accommodation

Thanks for all your tips!

I'm thinking of staying a night in Siena on 30 Dec, but I'm worried I won't be able to take a bus to Rome on the 31st, being New Years Eve. Does anyone know if the buses will run? I tried to look it up on www.sena.it but the timetable shows up in Italian only.

5. Re: Having trouble finding accommodation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 September 2009, 16:15
Get answers to your questions about Siena