We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary reasonable?

Which Siena hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Mississauga, Ontario
Level Contributor
220 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Itinerary reasonable?

I have 4 days in Tuscany and really want to include CT. Could anybody suggest if the itinerary is doable?

May 6 11:30AM arrive Siena, 15:00PM rent a car to Pienza or San Gimignano. Arrive and stay Lucca.

May 7 From Lucca to Cinque Terre, drive back to Lucca;

May 8 Lucca – Pisa, return car in Pisa and take train to Florence;

May 9. Florence

Southern Tuscany
Level Contributor
1,540 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Itinerary reasonable?

hi, it's going to be a bit tight on May 6. Picking up car at 3 pm in Siena, overnighting in Lucca, probably best not to drive south (opposite direction) to Pienza but you could squeeze in a very quick visit to San Gim and then drive to Lucca. Going to be v rushed though. May 7 - someone who knows CT better than I do (I was last there as a kid) will help you here. May 8 looks do-able.

Mississauga, Ontario
Level Contributor
220 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Itinerary reasonable?

Thank! I will give up Pienza then.

Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Itinerary reasonable?

Are you visiting Sienna at all? Highly recommend it. Personally I'd bypass Pienza, San Gim, Pisa, focus on Sienna, Lucca and CT. Depends on the experience you're looking for.

Sounds like a lot of driving. We took a train to/from Sienna, Lucca, CT and could've done Pisa too. Definitely can get a train to/from Florence. Just a thought.

Have fun whatever you do!!!

Mississauga, Ontario
Level Contributor
220 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Itinerary reasonable?

Thanks for the reply. We decided to give up CT this time...have to save sth for next vist.

5. Re: Itinerary reasonable?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 September 2009, 12:19