We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

mum's 70th - pisa airport to siena in style and comfort

Which Siena hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London
Level Contributor
276 posts
134 reviews
Save Topic
mum's 70th - pisa airport to siena in style and comfort

Please can you let me know how to get from Pisa (PSA) airport to Siena, we will staying in the historic centre of Siena in September. I just need to know the best, less stressful and direct journey from airport to hotel. We can also consider a taxi as it's a special birthday surprise for an older lady who is taking a long flight to reach Pisa. Changing trains would be out of the question and a bus, hot and full to capacity would be a nightmare. Have you made this trip? Do you know of any special transfers...Can you help? Many thanks....

Silver Spring...
Level Contributor
10,740 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: mum's 70th - pisa airport to siena in style and comfort

I think a car service would be best

Level Contributor
44 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: mum's 70th - pisa airport to siena in style and comfort

Few days ago I suggested to some of my clients to take the bus from Pisa Airpoirt to Siena. I booked the seats for them bacause the site is only in italian language http://www.trainspa.it/sienapisa.html

Then I sent them the confirmation by mail.

They told me that it was a good suggestion.

There are 2 buses: one at 2.30 p.m. and the other at 10.45 p.m. and it takes 2 hours.

In Siena it stops at the Train Station and at Piazza Gramsci (in the historical center).

The cost is euro 14 per person.

Hoping you can enjoy my suggestion.

Level Contributor
44 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: mum's 70th - pisa airport to siena in style and comfort

Sorry, I forgot my last suggestion: ask to the Hotel if they can book the seats. They need your credit card details and the full name of each person.

Toronto
Level Contributor
72 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: mum's 70th - pisa airport to siena in style and comfort

The bus service is the best option, but as an alternative, you could go by train. If the schedule of the train at the airport is not convenient, just go to Pisa Centrale train station by bus (LAM Rossa, it takes literally 3 minutes) and from there there are very frequent trains.

London
Level Contributor
276 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: mum's 70th - pisa airport to siena in style and comfort

thanks, but I think we need a car service from the airport...if anyone has any reputable airport transfer car suggestions, I would be grateful....thanks for your replies

London
Level Contributor
456 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: mum's 70th - pisa airport to siena in style and comfort

Hi Carlitas,

I've used http://www.tuscanviews.com for priovate transfers from Rome and Pisa airport. I am sure they'll be able to help you. Great cars with AC and english speaking drivers.

Meggy

7. Re: mum's 70th - pisa airport to siena in style and comfort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2009, 07:17
Get answers to your questions about Siena