We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Geting married in Siena

Which Siena hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cambridge, UK
Level Contributor
4 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Geting married in Siena

Hi, I am planning to get married in Siena in early April 2010 close to Easter. Does anyone have any advice on booking the town hall for the wedding ceremony? We are planning on staying at Villa Catignano, so will have the wedding reception there. So any advice on caterers, music, florists, photographers would also be really helpful! Thanks!!

Dublin
Destination Expert
for Valletta
Level Contributor
7,954 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Geting married in Siena

Not sure about caterers etc but your location is wonderful why not get in touch with one of the hotels or good restaurants in Siena and get them to organise the food etc. the hotel manager will also know the Mayor and the local church people if you are using the town hall invite the Mayor to the wedding and if you have no best man let him be it.

Upper Maremma...
Level Contributor
764 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Geting married in Siena

You will need help with booking the city hall and the documents, so I highly recommend you contact one of the agencies. As for flowers, one of the best florists (in my opinion the best for both creativity and styleskills) in Southern Tuscany is Lorella Cortecci (Fiori e Dintorni - http://www.fioriedintorni.com) I think she also runs a wedding planning agency and can help out with catering, photographer etc. Contact her and see if you like what they offer.

Congratulations by the way!!!

Upper Maremma...
Level Contributor
764 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Geting married in Siena

sorry, the link is not active. The website is http://www.fioriedintorni.com

Plymouth, New...
Level Contributor
539 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Geting married in Siena

Try this link for an excellent photographer located in Buonconvento (just south of Siena):

www.photographylesleysmith.co.uk

Lesley took exquisite photos of my neice when she was married at an agriturismo near Siena - also other family photos during other trips to Tuscany. She is from the UK but now lives in Tuscany. Lesly is also delightful to work with.

Congratulations!

Decatur GA USA
Level Contributor
68 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Geting married in Siena

We were married in the town hall in April of 2008.

We made all of the arrangements ourselves, with the help of some Italian friends, although since we live in America, the legal requirements varied from what you will need.

Here is a website of our wedding photos, which show the room in the Palazzo where the ceremony was held.

http://englandphoto.com/wedding/

(You will need to hover your mouse over the center of the screen to see the captions)

I'd be happy to answer questions, just let me know.

Basically, we had to hire a translator to be on hand, go to an Italian consulate before we left the States,go by the American consulate in Florence before the wedding to get a document, which we then presented in Siena, and, of course, pay for the use of the facilities.

I have some websites which outline the requirements, but they are aimed at American citizens, although most would also apply to you.

Upper Maremma...
Level Contributor
764 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Geting married in Siena

Curious as I am, I went to take a look: beautiful! Congratulations!

Cambridge, UK
Level Contributor
4 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Geting married in Siena

Thanks, your photos are really lovely, it's looks like you had an amazing time - did you hire the photographer? and your flowers are so pretty too - the florist ..? sorry for all the questions, I'm quite excited now :)

Cambridge, UK
Level Contributor
4 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Geting married in Siena

Thanks, I checked out the link, the flowers look so lovely. She is quite far out of Siena and I'm still torn between getting the bouquet once I am there or booking in advance. I'll email her and see what she recommends - thanks!

Cambridge, UK
Level Contributor
4 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Geting married in Siena

Thanks the photos look stunning on her website!

10. Re: Geting married in Siena

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 January 2015, 16:26