We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting from ROME to SIENA

Miami, Florida
3 posts
Save Topic
Getting from ROME to SIENA

Hi. I am arriving to Rome at 6pm on January 15, and I need to get to Siena that same day to meet my college group for orientation. I will be carrying 2 large bags, so what is the SAFEST way for me to get to Siena that same day? (Any method of transportation and any price is OK). Thank you!

Mentioned in this post
Rome
Rome
Lazio, Italy
Siena
Siena
Province of Siena, Italy
United States
Level Contributor
9,875 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting from ROME to SIENA

With large bags, I would suggest the direct bus from Rome Tiburtina. There would be no changing trains and hauling your bags up and down stairs and train platforms.

Schedules can be found here (in Italian but easy to figure out):

https:/…

TAB

Mentioned in this post
Rome
Rome
Lazio, Italy
Kansas
Destination Expert
for Siena, Montalcino
Level Contributor
3,872 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting from ROME to SIENA

abaez1,

If price is no object a private driver would be the easiest but very expensive option. I don't think that the train is a possibility so you are left with the option recommended by TAB.

Take the FR1 from the airport (not the express) to Tiburtina then cross the street to the bus terminal. You will arrive at about 23:30.

Miami, Florida
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting from ROME to SIENA

thank you! that time of arrival would be to Siena? What is the latest bus I can catch? Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Siena
Siena
Province of Siena, Italy
Watertown, MA
Level Contributor
2,768 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting from ROME to SIENA

the last bus is 8:15pm arriving in Siena at 11:30pm. If you look at the link TAB provided you can look up the details.

Mentioned in this post
Siena
Siena
Province of Siena, Italy
Miami, Florida
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting from ROME to SIENA

how long would it take for me to get from the airport to Tirbutina autostazione? Please tell me both by taxi (and how much it would cost approximately) and by taking that train you recommended from the airport to the station.

Thanks!

Kansas
Destination Expert
for Siena, Montalcino
Level Contributor
3,872 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Getting from ROME to SIENA

abaez1,

A rough guess would be 40 euro by taxi and 8 euro by train and both would take about half an hour.

7. Re: Getting from ROME to SIENA

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 July 2011, 08:17