We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car parking in Siena

Which Siena hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
phoenix
7 posts
Save Topic
Car parking in Siena

We are planning to drive from Florence to Siena. We will stop in Siena for couple of hours on the way to San Gimignano. I understand there are multiple public parking lots in Siena. Please recommend a parking lot that is on the way and walking distance to the city. Thanks..

Kansas
Destination Expert
for Siena, Montalcino
Level Contributor
3,733 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car parking in Siena

ranks01,

This may help turismoverde.com/italia/…mappark.jpg

Cetona
Level Contributor
296 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Car parking in Siena

The easier and faster is the one near the Football stadium.

Upper Maremma...
Level Contributor
764 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car parking in Siena

Consider that San Gimignano is before Siena coming from Florence. If you are not sleeping there, you might consider stopping first in San Gimignano in the morning and then going to Siena later on. The best parking space is at the Stadium (unless it's Wednesday morning when the market takes up all the spaces).

phoenix
7 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Car parking in Siena

Thanks for the responses. I will be staying overnight in San Gimignano on Saturday. I plan to visit Siena for a couple of hours and then spend the night in San Gimignano.

Maine, USA
Level Contributor
1,566 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Car parking in Siena

Just to clarify, if you park at the football stadium, is it free overnight? I am planning to arrive a Tuesday afternoon and stay in the ZTL. Will I get in trouble if they need my space for the market?

Montepulciano, Italy
Level Contributor
5,937 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Car parking in Siena

For Touring 24, there is very limited free parking in that area and the only free places I can picture are along the northern (ie furthest away from the city) end of Viale Vittorio Veneto and I've only ever chanced upon them (pot luck) mid/late afternoon out of season. They're readily apparent by the white lines around the spaces but everywhere else you pay. Be careful too overnight here for there's a lot of private residences (villas and apartments) so there will be residents' only areas and these can be ambiguous and you'll need to walk up and down the street looking for signs. The market runs around the south eastern/eastern side of the fortress at the southern end of Vittorio Veneto so you certainly wouldn't want to be there overnight on a Tues/Wed. For everyone else, Siena's quite easy to park in if you're happy to pay as the numerous carparks are very well signposted irrespective of the direction you're appraoching from. They even have those automated signs highlighting whether carparks are full / the remaining number of free places available.

Florence, Italy
Level Contributor
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Car parking in Siena

I suggest me too to park in Football stadium.

siena
Level Contributor
314 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Car parking in Siena

The stadio car park is free after 11pm until 7am, but if you are arriving on a tuesday there is no problem to leave your car in the FREE car park at The Fortezza,( The one the tourist buses use )Via vittorio Veneto it is the Pay car park that is used for the market.

9. Re: Car parking in Siena

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2012, 15:16