We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon/Birthday Dinner in/near Siena

Boston
Level Contributor
170 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
Honeymoon/Birthday Dinner in/near Siena

My soon-to-be husband and I will spend four nights in Siena on our honeymoon, one of them being his birthday! I really want the day to be memorable for him. Any suggestions on a special place for dinner either in or near Siena? We are staying at the Palazzo Ravizza and will have a car (but we'd prefer not to drive to dinner). We don't need anything fancy; just a warm, romantic, welcoming atmosphere and awesome food! Any suggestions for a memorabl daytime trip would be appreciated too! Thanks so much!

Mentioned in this post
Palazzo Ravizza
Palazzo Ravizza
1,529 Reviews
Siena, Italy
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
287 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon/Birthday Dinner in/near Siena

Siena's a wonderful place for a honeymoon.

It's definitely not fancy, but my favourite restaurant in Siena is Locanda Garibaldi, located just a few steps from Il Campo. Family-run, unpretentious, and friendly, with great, authentic local food at great prices. The almond torte is to die for.

Siena is in the heart of Tuscany, so there are day-trips galore to choose from. San Gimignano is a popular nearby spot to visit, though it's much more magical at night once the bus tour hordes have left (much like Siena itself). There are also numerous wine tours to choose from. Related to this is the Tuscany Wine School in Siena, with its fun and informative 2-hour courses; you should definitely take advantage of it while you're there.

Mentioned in this post
Locanda Garibaldi
Locanda Garibaldi
7 Reviews
Siena, Italy
Il Campo
Il Campo
319 Reviews
Siena, Italy
San Gimignano
San Gimignano
Province of Siena, Italy
Atlanta
Level Contributor
1,224 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon/Birthday Dinner in/near Siena

La Taverna di San Giuseppe is superb and although it has no views outside, it has a nice wine grotto. Th food is delicious and it is highly recommended by locals also. My review below:

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g187902-d106…

The drive from Siena to Asciano to Pienza and back and forth between there and Montalcino and Montepulciano is gorgeous.

Mentioned in this post
Asciano
Asciano
Province of Siena, Italy
Pienza
Pienza
Province of Siena, Italy
Montalcino
Montalcino
Province of Siena, Italy
Montepulciano
Montepulciano
Province of Siena, Italy
Montepulciano, Italy
Destination Expert
for Tuscany
Level Contributor
7,867 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymoon/Birthday Dinner in/near Siena

Le Logge is where we often celebrate birthdays and wedding anniversaries as it is slightly more formal in atmosphere than some of our other regular haunts plus the food is seriously good, as is the wine list. Maybe start with a glass of bubbly in the elegant bar at the Hotel Grand Continental or even one of the cafes on Il Campo as all they come with a great view.

Mentioned in this post
Il Campo
Il Campo
319 Reviews
Siena, Italy
Boston
Level Contributor
170 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Honeymoon/Birthday Dinner in/near Siena

Thank you so much for sharing your ideas with me! I will take all three suggestions with me as we'll be there for four nights. I am so ready for this trip, thank you again.

Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
90 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Honeymoon/Birthday Dinner in/near Siena

!I would suggest La Taverna Di San Giuseppe for an absolutely amazing meal, let Lorella (she and her husband Marco own San Giuseppe) know of your special occasion and she will make sure you have a wonderful experience. Another excellent choice would be Ristorante Guido, both within walking distance from the charming Palazzo Ravizza (you will LOVE this hotel). The drive to Montalcino is quite lovely, as is anywhere in this area. Congratulations on your upcoming marriage. I was married in Siena October 2010 as it is truly an amazing city - you will enjoy

Mentioned in this post
La Taverna di San Giuseppe
La Taverna di San...
6,039 Reviews
Siena, Italy
Ristorante Guido
Ristorante Guido
627 Reviews
Siena, Italy
Palazzo Ravizza
Palazzo Ravizza
1,529 Reviews
Siena, Italy
Montalcino
Montalcino
Province of Siena, Italy
alaska
Destination Expert
for Siena
Level Contributor
1,722 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Honeymoon/Birthday Dinner in/near Siena

We feel Siena is one of the most romantic cities in Tuscany. Definitely start the evening out in The Grand COntinental Hotel for drinks at happy hour.

Either San Guiseppe or Le Logge never seems to disappoint people for their food, atmosphere and service.

One smaller restaurant to consider is Il Terze for excellent food and a quiet atmosphere if you when you make your reservation you tell Sergei you want a romantic back room table.

After dinner, a stroll arm in arm on the main street and a then drink on the Campo.

Finish the night in the garden of the Palazzo Ravizza with a Sambuca ..

Pure Heaven.

Mentioned in this post
Palazzo Ravizza
Palazzo Ravizza
1,529 Reviews
Siena, Italy
Boston
Level Contributor
170 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Honeymoon/Birthday Dinner in/near Siena

I am loving all these responses - thank you so much! I am practically jumping up and down with excitement. 28 more days and I will be in Italy! Thanks again.

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
95 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Honeymoon/Birthday Dinner in/near Siena

Definitely Anitca Oseria da Divo.....the number 1 restaurant on Trip Advisor for Siena, and for good reason. Would recommend booking a table nearer the front end as opposed to down the stairs out the far back.....the setting is in the 'old vaults' of the city, like sitting in a 'romantic' cave ! We found the service professional and the food excellent. It is expensive, but I don't think unreasonable for the quality. A memorable evening and setting.

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
95 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Honeymoon/Birthday Dinner in/near Siena

Apologies ! Should have read my post before submitting it ! The name of the restaurant that I recommended, correct spelling is: Antica Osteria da Divo - congratulations, and have a fantastic and memorable trip.

florida
Level Contributor
352 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Honeymoon/Birthday Dinner in/near Siena

Hmmmm, I have attempted to book a dinner reservation at this restaurant on line, giving all my details, special occasion, date, time, request for confirmation;NOTHING, NO RESPONSE.

Should I go about this differently?

Thank you,

Bondgirl