We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Renting a car on a Saturday in Siena?

Which Siena hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Renting a car on a Saturday in Siena?

Hello,

We are arriving via train from Venice, to Siena, on a Saturday. The owner of the vacation home we have rented in Siena tells us we need to have a car to get to the house.

Additionally, we will be leaving on a Saturday. Our train reservations are out of Florence at 10am. I think we could return the car on Friday night, and plan on a train to Florence early on the morning of our departure. Does this sound correct? I'm guessing there must be taxi service in Siena??? Or someway that we could get from the house to the train station early in the morning.

The important question: Do you know if there are any car rental companies that are open until13:00 on Saturday, in Siena? I was looking at a train that departs Venice at 8:35 and arrives in Siena at 12:35.

Thanks for your help. I've been stuck on this leg of our itinerary for a couple of days.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
83,089 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Renting a car on a Saturday in Siena?

On Saturday afternoon and Sunday, the only open rental offices in the area are at Florence airport and Pisa airport. I would suggest that you both pick up and return at Florence airport, which is only a short distance out of town.

siena
Level Contributor
314 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Renting a car on a Saturday in Siena?

There is a local company near the main bus station that is open saturday afternoon and Sunday morning http://www.perozzi.it/index.php?lang=en

3. Re: Renting a car on a Saturday in Siena?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 July 2014, 07:18