We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1 night in Siena - must -do's?

Ontario
Level Contributor
173 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
1 night in Siena - must -do's?

We will arrive in Siena early afternoon one day, and will leave the next morning. We haven't booked any tours or anything. Any thoughts on what we should do that first afternoon/evening? We were thinking of Antica Osteria da Divo for dinner. Thanks!

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
31,241 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1 night in Siena - must -do's?

Promenade and consume this beautiful town www.discovertuscany.com/siena

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
25,547 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 1 night in Siena - must -do's?

the Cathedral -- if there is only one thing to do in Siena, that is it.

Montepulciano, Italy
Destination Expert
for Tuscany
Level Contributor
6,895 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 1 night in Siena - must -do's?

Cathedral (must, must, must) and then if it's a nice day and you're feeling up to it climb the Torre di Mangia for the view of the city, rooftops and surrounding countryside is awesome. Pre-dinner drinks in Il Campo would be another must for me and is something I remember fondly from my very first evening in Siena (a very long time ago). If you can face a super early start, maybe stroll the streets before breakfast; Il Campo and the area around Il Duomo are particularly nice when deserted.

4. Re: 1 night in Siena - must -do's?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 September 2014, 06:20
Get answers to your questions about Siena