We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Does anyone happen to know where this is?

Ontario
2 posts
Save Topic
Does anyone happen to know where this is?

It's kind of a long-shot, but I was wondering which place in Siena this is: toplifemagazine.it/wp-content/…siena-04.jpg

It's such a gorgeous view and it would be really lovely if I could actually go.

Florence, Italy
Level Contributor
4,273 posts
844 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Does anyone happen to know where this is?

It 'a view from the small lodge that is at the base of the dome in the cathedral of Siena.

In 2013 and until the beginning of 2014 a path was opened on top of the Duomo of Siena, which is usually closed to the public:

http://www.operaduomo.siena.it/eng/index.htm

But I don't know if this view was part of the route.

Brun066

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
32,967 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Does anyone happen to know where this is?

I think it is taken from the loggia just under the dome of the Duomo, which you can see in a side- or rear view of the cathedral sienaguidavirtuale.it/accessible/eng/geo_duo…

But if that is the case, it isn't accessible to the public.

Ontario
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Does anyone happen to know where this is?

:O Thanks so much!!! (gives virtual hug)

aww...I really wanted to go up there...but I guess it's best not to engage in illegal activities.

alaska
Destination Expert
for Siena
Level Contributor
1,474 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Does anyone happen to know where this is?

I remember this view from the gate of heaven tour that I believe has been extended.

www.operaduomo.siena.it/eng/portadelcielo.htm

or from the top of the Duomo "unfinished" wall that you access from the Duomo Museum ( Separate ticket from the Duomo)

Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Does anyone happen to know where this is?

The view is of the Palazzo Pubblico, from the west ,so this photo if from the top of the Duomo roof or probably the Belfry. Will look tomorrow when we visit!

Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Does anyone happen to know where this is?

The view is of the Palazzo Pubblico, from the west ,so this photo if from the top of the Duomo roof or probably the Belfry. Will look tomorrow when we visit!

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
1,927 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Does anyone happen to know where this is?

I got a similar view to photograph today from the top of the museo dell opera, the duumo museum, located next to the ticket office on right side of duomo. You go up all the stairs to the top, turn right into a room with priests capes hanging in glass cabinets, and queue for the "panorama". They only allow small groups of about 20 up at a time, as the sprial stairs are only wide enough for one person. And have your hands free..to climb! The view was fantastic, and I was happy with that as there was now way I would have been able to climb the tower of the town hall. You can get a combined ticket for the museo and the doumo for €12 and this gives discounts on other entries, and 3 days to use it. I would load the pic I took if I coild but not sure on this new gadget I have! Siena takes my breathe away....♡

Torrita di Siena...
Level Contributor
63 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Does anyone happen to know where this is?

it is to close to the square to be from the balcony of Duomo.....its seems to me more....from Palazzo Chigi Saracini....

9. Re: Does anyone happen to know where this is?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 May 2015, 07:16
Get answers to your questions about Siena