We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accomm just outside Siena _ any ideas?

Which Siena hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Accomm just outside Siena _ any ideas?

We (two parents, 2 kids aged 6 and 7) want to stay fairly close to Siena and are looking for recommendations of where to stay. Must have pool. We are open to either a farm holiday, an apartment or b&b - just something with a little space. We have a car

Ireland
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Accomm just outside Siena _ any ideas?

Just looking at this also.

See http://www.borgogrondaie.com/

Seems like the perfect place to discover Tuscany and also keep kids happy.

Has pool, a/c, close to supermarket.

There is so much choice it can be very confusing, but this looks good to me!

North Carolina, USA
Level Contributor
162 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Accomm just outside Siena _ any ideas?

oz chick........ we just returned from Borgo Grandaie with our 12 and 14 year old kids. I cannot say enough about that place. It was the highlight of our trip, the BOrgo, and Siena! The place is fabulous, it was a paradise for us after traveling London, Rome, Siena, Florence. We heard birds chirping in the am, there is space to run, complimentary laundry, optional breakfast (7 euro pp), the grocery store is walkable, and wonderful. We stocked up on some staples, and enjoyed not eating every meal out!

We rented a car and drove to beautiful places........... the bus stop is nearby to take you into town, or you can hoof it (mostly uphill) about 25 minute walk! The cab is about 7 euros to the Borgo from Il Campo the city center.

My neighbor is going in June, and my sister in May. I highly recommend it to you, and would be shocked if anyone didn't enjoy their stay.

Santa Fe, NM
Level Contributor
4 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Accomm just outside Siena _ any ideas?

When we went to Italy this past summer we stayed at La Foce. It is a villa with several houses that they rent. The houses are not close together so you have a lot of privacy. You can see all of them at lafoce.com. We stayed in the Santa Maria house and it was wonderful. The views are breathtaking and it is the most peaceful place on earth! All that and it does have its own private pool. The picture on the website does not do this house justice. It is a hundred times more beautiful. It sits on a hill overlooking the valley, so imagine opening the front door and stepping out on to the long porch with a view of the green hills of Tuscany. La Foce is about an hour away from Sienna but we didn't mind the trip since the road to Sienna from there is filled with so much beauty.

California
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Accomm just outside Siena _ any ideas?

I used an agriturismo right outside of Siena in the country side, but only a 5 min. ride from the center. It was a very nice and accommodating place and very affordable, too. The web page is: www.agriturismo-il-lucherino.com

boston
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Accomm just outside Siena _ any ideas?

Definitely stay at Albergo Marcucci, in Bagno Vignoni which is about 20 miles south of Siena but worth the ride.

During the day stay in the natural spring swimming pool surrounded the beautiful hills and countryside.

Bored, take a day trip to Siena for great dining, shopping and sightseeing.

boston
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Accomm just outside Siena _ any ideas?

Definitely stay at Albergo Marcucci, in Bagno Vignoni which is about 20 miles south of Siena but worth the ride.

During the day stay in the natural spring swimming pool surrounded the beautiful hills and countryside.

Bored, take a day trip to Siena for great dining, shopping and sightseeing.

New York
Level Contributor
46 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Accomm just outside Siena _ any ideas?

Just the spot for you. Il Poggiarello La Ripa. Holiday farmhouse, just outside Siena, has a pool and apartments reasonably priced. You can find them on the web. It is owned by the same family that owns Villa Piccola Siena, and can be booked through them. www.villapiccolasiena. Good Luck. Let me know how you like it. I am going there in August for the Palio. I stayed at the hotel last year.

Usa
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Accomm just outside Siena _ any ideas?

The best place near Siena is in Val d'Orcia or Val di Chiana, near Montepulciano, Montalcino, Crtona and Pienza.

We stayed in two different places, my favourite is the Residenza d'Arte, very romantic and charming, you can see the website residenzadarte.com.

The second is La Chiusa, very expensive, but not so bad.

The area is the best part of Tuscany, full of medieval towns, good restaurants, and panoramic roads.

Bye

Merano, Italy
12 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Accomm just outside Siena _ any ideas?

Have a look at Adler Thermae, Bagno Vignoni.

Our family stayed there recently, and found it great. This is a new Hotel and Spa Resort that just opened last year. Very children friendly with Kids Club (from 4 years on, lunch and dinner there is included in the reduced children rate), 2 huge pools (one thermal, one sweet water), a children pool, a fun river canal, and everything You may expect regarding wellness and fitness. This is top notch, and for what it offers it is really cheap. Can't wait to turn back.

In November, December and March they even have special Famlily packages where kids up to 6 years stay for free!! Have a look.