We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

My wife is making me go, what to do

Atlanta
Level Contributor
1,105 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
My wife is making me go, what to do

I don't like Italian wine, religious art or ruins. What to do - are there decent beaches close? Technical museums? Something?

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
31,938 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: My wife is making me go, what to do

My concrete suggestion, if separate holidays are not possible, would be divorce...

Otherwise, there's a science museum (Perugia Officina per la Scienza e la Tecnologia - POST) in Perugia (which also has a chocolate museum), a ceramics museum in Deruta, a tobacco history and science museum in San Giustino and a glass museum in Piegaro (see http://www.italiakids.com/perugia). There are beaches on Lake Trasimeno. Also, what about underground Orvieto?

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
Level Contributor
37,670 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: My wife is making me go, what to do

I thought I had already given some concrete suggestions.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
2,069 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: My wife is making me go, what to do

Okay...I've moved past trying to come up with something to keep DEAinAT entertained while in Umbria...it's a vacation for goodness sakes. I am now into what his 'handle' stands for. "ATL" is probably Atlanta. But "DEA"...? My favorites after gooooogling 'DEA' are:

(1) Detective Endowment Association

(2) Drilling Engineering Association

(3) Drug Enforcement Administration

Yes...I'm easily entertained, and I like Italian red wine. Specially the 'house' variety, which is very affordable!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
39,611 posts
Save Reply
24. Re: My wife is making me go, what to do

Probably just his initials.

I'm trying to imagine a scenario where my other half would be "making me" do anything, let alone deciding a vacation where I don't want to go.

Hopefully - he finds something, anything he will enjoy.

Maryland
Level Contributor
1,441 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: My wife is making me go, what to do

I had a blast when I read this post, seriously. I read the post to my daughter and she agreed with me that it sounded like my other half. I have been trying to convince OH to come to Italy with me this year but it is not working. OH has been only twice but is not in a hurry to go this year. Wants to go to Scandinavia and I am all for it. However, Italy is my favorite place to visit in Europe.

With a little planning and all the great tips offered so far by others I am sure the guy will be able to have a good time as well as the wife.

Umbria, Italy
Destination Expert
for Sunshine Coast, Umbria
Level Contributor
4,525 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: My wife is making me go, what to do

next suggestion is take some one elses wife.

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
Level Contributor
37,670 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: My wife is making me go, what to do

It would be better all around if the wife took someone else's husband.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
39,611 posts
Save Reply
28. Re: My wife is making me go, what to do

Or, just go alone. Lots of freedom that way....

Perth, Western...
Level Contributor
2,458 posts
376 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: My wife is making me go, what to do

If Montefaco interest you, look this web.:

www.montefalcomob.com

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
31,938 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
30. Re: My wife is making me go, what to do

Incidentally, people can't advise on music etc. festivals unless they know when you would be there! Failing dates, there's a list of Umbria music festivals on here: http://www.rogaia.com/en/holiday-umbria.html (but the Spoleto festival is on from 29 June till 15 July 2012, see http://www.festivaldispoleto.com/2012/anticipazioni.asp). Sting is playing at Umbria Jazz Festival on 15 July …umbriajazz.com/mediacenter/FE/home.aspx