We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

St Francis Walk

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
20 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
St Francis Walk

Has anyone done the St Francis Walk in Four Stages organised by IL MESTIERE DI VIAGGIARE? The website has quite a detailed itinerary but I am not sure about the hills and difficulty of the walk. Any experience would be interesting to hear about.

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
2,375 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: St Francis Walk

I don't know about this tour service but I can tell you the the St. Francis trail goes right through my town and behind my house. We see people walking these trails all the time, but most do it on their own (books, maps and trail guides are available online or at book shops). The days are long and it is quite hilly or mountainous in areas. Some of the trail goes on roads and some is often through woods or fields. People we see are generally well equipped with sturdy hiking boots or shoes, walking poles, backpacks , hats, etc.

I think they are giving you the distances per day and the meters you are ascending or descending on their itinerary.

Assisi, Italy
Level Contributor
508 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: St Francis Walk

I also live along the trail near Assisi. You need to be an expert hiker to do that because it's very hilly and steep around here. I actually think that most hikers along this stretch of the trail use tour companies because hardly ever I see people with large backpacks, they mostly seem to have day packs meaning that someone is taking their liggage to their next destination. It's absolutely beautiful though, if you are used to mountain hiking you will have no difficulties as the path is well maintained. Check also www.caigubbio.it/francescano/francescano.html

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
20 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: St Francis Walk

Thank you very much for your reply. I will think through my level of fitness for this walk.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
20 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: St Francis Walk

Thanks for your help with this. It does sound like a beautiful area.

5. Re: St Francis Walk

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 04:15