We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Summer programs for kids in Umbria

Austin, TX
Level Contributor
183 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Summer programs for kids in Umbria

Our family of 4 (2 adults, 2 kids ages 11 and 8) wants to spend next June and July living in Umbria. Part of the time will be spent doing day trips, but for a good deal of the time we adults need to be working out of our home base (albeit in a lovely setting with the opportunity to have some really good meals!). We want to identify a town to live in that has some kind of summer day programs for kids this age. We are open to cultural programs, language programs, arts and crafts, traditional day camps, or anything else of this sort. Ideally, it would be something we could book for a week at a time to give us maximum flexibility. Most of the summer programs I am finding on the Internet seem to be geared to either high school or college students studying abroad for the summer, rather than for younger kids. But surely something like this exists. Don't Italian kids go to summer camps? We would love for the kids to have opportunities to meet Italian kids. Has anyone had any experience with summer programs for kids in Umbria? How about experience with living abroad as a family in this region?

London, Canada
Level Contributor
3,759 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Summer programs for kids in Umbria

This property is in Tuscany, not Umbria, but if you are flexible on that, the kid's programs look very good. This farm property was featured on the Food Network on an episode of David Rocco's show.....he's Italian/Canadian.

You can always inquire:

http://www.grandeprato.it/

There's also more info about the property here under the title "Toast to Tuscany". Hope that helps.

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g663797-d195437…

Mentioned in this post
London, Canada
Level Contributor
3,759 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Summer programs for kids in Umbria

Just googled for summer camps in Umbria and this popped up:

http://www.aquilone.it/aq_Engl.htm

It looks quite promising.

Assisi, Italy
Level Contributor
655 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Summer programs for kids in Umbria

Where will you be in Umbria, exactly.?

I live outside of Assisi and have raised 3 children here - they have always participated in the summmer sports programs offered at local pools - but the programs include hikes on the mountains, tennis lessons, gym classes, soccer - even line-dancing!

Every a m from 8:30 - 1:00 pm approx

A wonderful way to "integrate" your children with the locals.

You are most welcome to call me or write to me on my email if you wish...though not surethat I can provide that info on this site....

anyone know?

I cannot always check this message board - can only do so occasionally - -.---

Assisi, Italy
Level Contributor
655 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Summer programs for kids in Umbria

PS if here in June, go to Spello on the 10th for INFIORATE festival and take in the Mercato delle Gaite festival at end of June in Bevagna...don't miss all the local "sagra" events - festivals of local villages - all over Umbria - spring - to -fall

5. Re: Summer programs for kids in Umbria

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 August 2009, 17:19