We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Contempory Artist

Which Assisi hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Suffolk, UK
Level Contributor
10 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Contempory Artist

Has anyone visiting Assisi noticed a shop selling paintings/prints of an artist who depicts local scenes with charming small monks and nuns often flying! I loved them but cannot remember the artist. Would love it if someone can let me know!

Level Contributor
71 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Contempory Artist

I'm sure you're talking about Norberto....he was from Spello (he recently died) but many shops in Assisi and Umbria in general still sell his prints.

Suffolk, UK
Level Contributor
10 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Contempory Artist

Thank you so much for giving me the artist's name. It looks as if I will have to go back to try and buy a print of one of his works.

Assisi, Italy
Level Contributor
655 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Contempory Artist

As Rebecca has already mentioned, yes, Norberto. His work costs a fortune...and you can google him for more info.

From Spello

In Spello in the narrow street leading to the Roman gate of Venus, Porta Venere,..just on the left at you enter the street (not far from Hotel Bocci) - you will find the studio of Norberto' s nephew, Paolo Proietti. His work is naif like his uncles and MUCH more reasonable!

Umbria, Italy
Destination Expert
for Sunshine Coast, Umbria
Level Contributor
4,516 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Contempory Artist

Yes Asis-Anne....did visit the studio of Noberto I did think the art a touch over the price barrier so will look at the nephews next time....I trust you mean it is a naive .....not naif/naff style?.

Assisi, Italy
Level Contributor
655 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Contempory Artist

sorry, not sure of correct term - thought "naif" was the appropriate one....

and not sure if Paolo Proietti has a website but you might try to google him....

buona giornata!

Suffolk, UK
Level Contributor
10 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Contempory Artist

Naif is the italian equivalent of Naieve

7. Re: Contempory Artist

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 April 2010, 07:16