We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Norcia - Spoleto - end May.

Which Assisi hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
australia
Level Contributor
278 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Norcia - Spoleto - end May.

Hi all,

I am going to the L'Inforata in Spello for 3 days,

I have 6 days before that to fill in, coming from Rome.

I like quiet places with natural beauty through good food, caffes,

markets and a little wine is high on the list.

Should I go to Norcia and miss Spoleto then have the extra days to base myself in Spello and see Bevagna, Montefalco. I have stayed in Assisi, Todi, Perugia, Orvieto on other trips.

I wont have a car.

Any help would be appreciated.

GAC
Los Angeles, CA
Destination Expert
for Sardinia
Level Contributor
8,828 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Norcia - Spoleto - end May.

Norcia is definitely quieter and much more sedate than Spoleto. There are fewer hotels, restaurants and tourists.

There is daily bus service between the towns operated by Spoletina Bus Lines (approx. 60 minute ride).

Norcia is definetely worth a visit and a stay.

www.spoletina.it

Assisi, Italy
Level Contributor
655 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Norcia - Spoleto - end May.

Norcia is VERY very quiet: not sure about 3 days there without a car...?

Surrounding area is lovel: car needed.

Spoleto can be a good base: you can take train to Spello from there...and also bus from Foligno train station to Bevagna - and that station is about 14 mins from Spoleto...Trevi also on train line: quiet.

Narni remains a favorite of mine: on train line from Spoleto, heading south.

See the Infiorate preparations all night on the 5th...starting about 9 pm..not to be missed.

I will be at the Infiorate as well...and we will arrive in a.m at 7 45 from Assisi (if you are not a night owl, be out by at least 6 a.m if you are staying in Spello)

australia
Level Contributor
278 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Norcia - Spoleto - end May.

Hello,

Thanks for the replies.

I am now looking at Narni - can you tell me a little more. Also any recommendations on simple accommodation or rooms to let. I think I will go there from Rome stay 3 nights then maybe go to Montefalco or Bevegna to stay.

I hope to stay up late and rise early in Spello

More help needed, thanks Mandy

Assisi, Italy
Level Contributor
655 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Norcia - Spoleto - end May.

Hotel dei Priori very reasonable..and great food.

Visit the Narni Sotterranea...but ask if guided visit can be done for you in English..as I am not sure.

Forgot to mention: Crossbow conest last Sun of May in Gubbio...but car needed to get there...as bus service from Perugia would not get you back and forth in time

5. Re: Norcia - Spoleto - end May.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2010, 06:21