We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel or Bed & Breakfast Wanted for Assisi

Which Assisi hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
20 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel or Bed & Breakfast Wanted for Assisi

Will be travelling to Italy in early May, have been to Assisi in the past for bus tours, but would like to stay over night - any recommendations for a hotel or bed and breakfast would be much appreciated!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
23,461 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel or Bed & Breakfast Wanted for Assisi

St. Anthony's Guest House is just perfect. It is run by English speaking nuns, has a perfect situation right above St. Maria and below the Cathedral San Rufino -- it has a lovely garden and nice public rooms with views onto the town (and when we were there one cold May they actually turned the heat on unlike most Italian places that go by calendar and not temperature.

very rudimentary rooms -- college cot type beds -- but adequate and with bath -- we loved the place for its charming public spaces, garden and location -- I believe they have a two night requirement -- well worth it (our first visit we just walked up and they gave us one night because they had a vacancy for one night)

Italy/Alaska
Level Contributor
1,572 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel or Bed & Breakfast Wanted for Assisi

When in May are you scheduled to be in Assisi?

Keep in mind that the beginning of May (2011 - May 5, 6 and 7) offers the fabulous festival of Calendimaggio. During the festival, it will be more difficult to get into St. Anthony's Guest Houses and other popular hotels at short notice.

If you are coming after the festival dates, you'll have more options.

Huatulco, Mexico
Level Contributor
668 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel or Bed & Breakfast Wanted for Assisi

We stay at La Palota and it was one of the best hotels in our month-long trip to Italy, the restaurant with the same name was also great, till today my fiancee regrets not ordering the white bean soup, the beal was amazing, guess will have to go back.

Alfredo

Pine Island, New...
Level Contributor
8 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel or Bed & Breakfast Wanted for Assisi

Bed & Breakfast - Daisy Assisi in the valley near Basilica di Santa Maria degli Angeli.

Leo & Patricia were the perfect hosts! I felt so safe and comfortable and will certainly stay with them again on my next trip to Assisi. If you love to walk through beautifully tilled farm fields and spectacular olive groves then Daisy B&B will be perfect for you. It was easy to walk to and from the station, though Leo drove me back and forth a few times upon his insistence. He was also kind enough to offer to drive me to the cemetery over in Bastia AND wait for a half hour while I was there.!

The walk to the historic center of Assisi is about 30-40 minutes and there is a fantastic, well lit, wide sidewalk that runs from Santa Maria degli Angeli straight up to the Basillica of San Francesco. I walked back and forth for 7 days though the bus is inexpensive, frequent and easy to use.

Leo drove me into town, though it really is only 10 minutes at the most, and he suggested a couple of great restaurants right on the main strip. The first one you come to is da Elide (or something like that) and I went back twice because it was so great. The next one you'll come to on the way to the Porziuncola is called Santucci. Order the stuffed olives, better yet order 2 orders! They are divine, truly.

If you want to go up the mountain to Eremo delle Carceri then ask Leo to call Luciano specifically for a great, friendly and honest taxi driver. This is not to imply that they are not all friendly and honest, to the contrary, the Umbrians in general seem to be quiet friendly.

Luciano Trinoli, Taxi N.24 cell 338.4727390 or 380.4262897 tell him Andrea from New York told you to call! I loved this guy :-)

I left there almost a week ago and I'm still sad that I had to leave. If you plan your trip around the full moon as I did then you'll be delighted on your walks home at night. It was probably the most beautiful night walking I've ever done. Grazie Leo and Patricia, especially for picking me up on the side of the road and giving me a lift on your day off, hours after I'd already checked out. You are truly special innkeepers.

Pine Island, New...
Level Contributor
8 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel or Bed & Breakfast Wanted for Assisi

I wasn't able to find Daisy B&B anywhere on TripAdvisor yet but they are on bbplanet.com. I just checked prices for a single since I too want to go back for Calendimaggio, and the price for 10 days is only 200 Euro. It's not fancy but I'm sure there is nothing less expensive anywhere in the area of Assisi.

Assisi, Italy
Level Contributor
655 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel or Bed & Breakfast Wanted for Assisi

There are doubles in Assisi for 50 E or less per night - and waking up inside the medieval walls of a 13th - 14th c . hilltown is magical. Also, walking the backstreets in the early mornings or late evenings gives you a sense of the town when St. Francis walked the same streets in the early 13th c.

I would suggest a stay inside the walls of the medieval town rather than a stay down in the modern "suburb", S. Maria degli Angeli.

Italy/Alaska
Level Contributor
1,572 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel or Bed & Breakfast Wanted for Assisi

I agree with AssisiAnne on this one...Assisi is magical and takes on a special tone in those hours when it is quiet. I'd highly recommend you stay within the historical walls of Assisi versus Santa Maria degli Angeli.

Edited: 03 November 2010, 00:49
8. Re: Hotel or Bed & Breakfast Wanted for Assisi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 06 November 2010, 11:35
Edited: 06 November 2010, 11:35
9. Re: Hotel or Bed & Breakfast Wanted for Assisi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 November 2010, 20:26
Edited: 08 November 2010, 20:26
Italy/Alaska
Level Contributor
1,572 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel or Bed & Breakfast Wanted for Assisi

To the last poster - there is to be no self-promotion on the forum.