We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Insight Tours - Italian Escapade

Which Assisi hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bernville
4 posts
Save Topic
Insight Tours - Italian Escapade

My husband and I are thinking of taking the 14 day Italian Escapade tour with Insight. We would love to hear from anyone who has taken this tour to get their opionion. Is it a relaxing trip or just a long ride on a bus? Anyone's input would be greatky appreciated!

Assisi, Italy
Level Contributor
655 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Insight Tours - Italian Escapade

I think the best way to travel is on your own!

An excellent local guide can book for you all hotels, drivers, etc..arrange all!

NSW Australia
Level Contributor
3 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Insight Tours - Italian Escapade

we did the grand tour and loved it. Check out Insights website for more info - but remember it is their site :-)

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
1 post
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Insight Tours - Italian Escapade

Hi there!

My husband, sister, brother-in-law and I took this tour last September and we were EXHAUSTED! We had to be out the door by 7:30 am every day except 1 & we spent a lot of time on the bus. On the plus side, we saw more of Italy than we possibly could have on our own. Our guide was fantastic and the local guides were good as well. This my first and last trip with a tour group. I'd just follow Rick Steve's advice for future European travel. Most Italians speak English in the major cities; up north it was a little different but we managed. If you decide to take the tour, perhaps cut back on some of the extra "excursions".

Edited: 16 May 2012, 00:20
Assisi, Italy
Level Contributor
655 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Insight Tours - Italian Escapade

I do think you would enjoy independent travel, keeping your own pace (not possible in a tour) and discovering out-of-the-way spots which major tour companies do not cover

5. Re: Insight Tours - Italian Escapade

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 June 2013, 20:10